T H I R T Y T H R E E ~ "Can't help it."

Start from the beginning

Emma lets out a murmur of agreement and then we lapse into silence.

For it then to be broken five seconds later. Obviously. Because who needs peace and quiet, anyway?

The door flies open, banging against Rob's bed frame. Brooke storms in, her hair messy and her cheeks red.

"Will somebody tell me what the fuck is going on?"

I let out a giggle at her overwhelmed state and pat the empty spot on my bed for her to sit on.

"Sit down and I'll tell you everything."

••••

"Hmm, he's still a dick." Brooke concludes after I finish telling her about Axel and I's talk.

"Yes. Yes, he is." I smirk, shaking my head in disbelief at his actions.

"But he's willing to work for you." Emma points out, still sighing in annoyance that she doesn't have someone like that.

"Who wouldn't?!" I laugh, flicking my hair over my shoulder in the mock confidence.

If only I had that when I'm around Axel.

"Anyway, what happened after we left?" I ask, lying back down beside Emma.

Brooke lies at the bottom of the bed, facing us. Her arm supports her head as she pouts at us.

"Well, after the star quarter back left, the team were basically useless. Like awful. So they lost and I don't think I've ever seen coach that angry." She explains.

I internally laugh at how pissed off Axel is going to be at his team for not winning. Add him and shit-yourself coach and you've got one tough training.

"What about the dancing?! Plus, did the devil get a kick in the teeth?" I ask, my curiosity peaking.

"You mean Blossom?" Brooke ask.

Both Emma and I turn to Brooke and say in sync, "The devil."

"Okay, then." She grins at us both. "No, the referee 'didn't see' what he did to you. So, we're going to have another dance off in two weeks time. This time, in front of all of the sports students." She says, her voice dropping low to create a dramatic effect that only Brooke can achieve.

I ignore her dramatic flare, her words being the only important thing.

Despite the fear going through me at the fact I need to dance in front of people who actually know about dance - I'm ecstatic.

Because we're getting our rematch.

••••

I quite quickly fall asleep after Brooke explains what happened after the match.

The pain, joy and fear of the day before quickly catching up on me. Plus, I'm now on strong painkillers - which has actually turned out to be a good thing.

They make me really sleepy, which then leads me to fall asleep without feeling pain fron my re-broken arm.

Who re-breaks their arm? I seriously need to be surrounded in bubble wrap.