Don't Give Up The Ship- Part 7

I break the deadly quiet. "So what was this fun you were referring to?" 

"Sprinklers," he states with that confidence of his. The confused look on my face tells Brian that I don't need a chance to speak, he can just go ahead and elaborate. He explains, "After my brother's death, the first and only thing that made me smile again was playing in the sprinkler on my front lawn." 

"Three problems: we are too old to play in sprinklers, you don't have one on your lawn and it's raining outside."  

He laughs at me and gives me a look that says "you can't stop me that easily". Very sure of himself, he rebuts, "Two answers: you are never too old for sprinklers and the third problem is the solution to the second." I don't even have a chance to ask "what do you mean" because he has already pulled me out of the door and into the rain.  

It has begun to pour and before I know it, Brian and I are spinning in circles on his front lawn. At that very moment, I am overcome with joy. I am happy because I am acting stupid and silly and dancing in the rain. All of a sudden, I slip and I bring Brian down with me. We are sitting on the ground and covered in mud. Two days ago, I would have been angry at this, but today I am laughing hysterically. And that's when it hit me, like a brick wall to the face. I've been trying to live a full life, one that I would be proud to look back on. But by trying to fill up my life, I'm not living. By trying not to miss out, I do. Some people learn from their mistakes. But, I think I try to learn too much. And that itself is a mistake. The picture-perfect happiness might not be sitting in the pouring rain, with a bruised butt and mud in your face, but at this very moment in time, I couldn't be happier.

----------------------------------- 

I'm really interested on continuing another story with Brian and Megan... maybe with a love connection?? Tell me what you think. 

Thank you and Goodnight!