I looked over at Kyle, he was watching UFC on the TV, very loudly.

“Yeah, sure. About what?”

“I know Amanda went to get started on making the Olympic team early and I’m sure you’ll make it in a heartbeat, but don’t you think you should maybe get a boyfriend or something?”

“Really mom, that’s what you wanted to talk about?”

“Well..”

“Mom, I’m turning 25 in a few weeks, I’m perfectly fine.”

“Are you sure? Camilla’s friend has a son..”

“MOM!”

“Okay fine.”

I don’t even know why my mom is bothering me so much about getting a boyfriend lately. Yeah, James and I flirt from time to time but we’re not ‘dating’.

Brian and Eric were leaving tomorrow night and my mom thought it would be nice to have a family dinner tonight. Well, without my sisters.

---

I told my brothers they could come to practice with me if they wanted to, but they decided not to.

The guys were doing well in practice, I’m sure they’ll do fine in tomorrow’s game. Dan wanted us to make them work harder because of the last game, which is understandable.

After practice, all the guys decided it was a good idea to hang out at my house. Funny thing is that they didn’t even ask me first. I was totally fine with it but still.

My mom is going to have a fun time cooking dinner for the entire Pittsburgh Penguins team. But first I have to break the news to her.

Months later (I had to..)

Today was my last game as an assistant coach, Jacques was back tomorrow. It worked out well though, the Olympics were in a week and my family were leaving in a few days to Sochi.

I was standing behind the bench, it was the third period, Pens were leading 3-0 and I was thinking about all the great times I’ve had with this team and what an honour it has been to word with a team like this.

There was a minute left and it looks like we were getting the win.

The Penguins ended up winning 4-0. The guys were getting changed in the dressing room and I was just lounging around the arena. There were still people in the seats all getting ready to go, when Potash called me over for an interview.

“So Briana, this was your last game, how was it to work with the Penguins organization the past few months?”

“It’s been truly an honour and I couldn’t have been more happy to spend the past few months with those guys. Best people to be around.”

Potash asked a few more questions, when I saw Pascal down the hallway. I looked at with when Potash turned around, I motioned him to get a pie with whipped cream. Then he just pulled one from behind his back, it’s just like Duper to do this to Potash.

Pascal handed me the pie. “Hey Potash!”

“Yeah?” he turned around and SPLAT.

Right in his face, Duper and I ran to the dressing room laughing our ass off.

When the guys were done getting dressed, I went on the whole ramble about how much I will miss seeing them every day, but I’m sure I’ll still be seeing them a lot.

---

James showed up at my house this morning. Funny how he knew I was home alone today.

“Hey.” He kissed my cheek