t h i r t y t w o

Start from the beginning

Dad licks his fingers clean before shaking Patricks hand who has a wide smile on his face. We then leave and Carol leads us to one of the fences where walkers are beginning to pile up. 

"About today, I don't know if we're going to be able to spare a lot of people for the run." She tells us.

"That place is good to go," Dad tells her finishing his food. "We're gonna move on it."

"Yeah." She says. "Thing is we had a pretty big buildup overnight. Dozen's more towards tower three."

"It's almost as bad as last month." I say. "They aren't spreading out."

"With more of us sitting here, we're drawing more of them out. You get enough of those damn fence-clingers they start to herd up."

"Pushing up against the fences again. It's manageable, but unless we get ahead of it, not for long. Sorry Pookie."

With a scoff, dad turns around to leave, probably in order to figure out what he'll do for the run.

"I can go with you guys." I tell him. 

"Not happening."

"How come? I've got tons of experience and I know how to be quiet and fast." 

"It's dangerous. You can help here with the fences."

"Daddy," I tell him pulling out my sweet self. "If I'm with you I can watch your back and you can watch mine. Wouldn't it be better if someone you trusted completely was with you? I'll be careful I promise. I can't be cooped up all the time."

He sighs and looks at me before nodding. "Fine." 

"Yes!" I say wrapping my arms around his torso. "Thank you daddy!" 

"You have me whipped kid."

Later on I find Carl and let him know I'm leaving. He's talking to Michonne who had been looking for the governor for the past couple weeks. Carl holds a stack of comics and she points at me. 

"I got you some stuff." She says. "But I'll leave them in your cell." 

"Thank you Michonne." I say giving her a hug and turning to Carl. "I'm heading out on the run." 

"Really?" He asks in disbelief. "Your dad actually said yes?"

"Mhmm." I say wrapping him in a hug and planting a kiss on his cheek. "I'll see ya later okay?"

"Ah, young love." Michonne says playfully as my dads bike comes leading a trail of cars and stopping next to us. 

"Look who's back." He says turning off the engine. 

"Didn't find him." She says referring to the governor.

"Glad to see you in one piece."

"I'm thinking of looking over near Macon," She starts and upon seeing the disappointed look on Rick's face she adds, "it's worth a shot."

"70 miles of walkers," Dad says. "You might run into a few unneighborly types, is it?" He then turns to Rick telling him the plan. "I'm gonna go check out the big spot. The one I was talking about, just seeing." 

"Yeah I gotta go out and check the snares. I don't wanna lose whatever we catch to the walkers."

"I'll go." Michonne says.

"You just got here." Carl protests.

"And I'll be back." She reassures walking towards a car to get in. I hop on the back of dads bike ready to leave.  He starts the engine again and gives Rick a pat before we head out.