"Goodnight, I love you," I said as she snuggled up closer to me.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

I woke up in the middle of the night and had song lyrics in my head. I shifted Emily off me gently and walked into the living room where a piano was. I sat there and wrote down all the lyrics that came to my head.  I began to play the piano and sang the lyrics along.

"Four letter wordBut I don't have the guts to say itSmile 'til it hurtsLet's not make it complicatedWe've got a storyBut I'm about to change the endingYou're perfect for meYou're more than just a friendSo we can just stop pretending nowGotta let you know somehowI'll be your shelterI'll be your stormI'll make you shiverI'll keep you warmWhatever weatherBaby I'm yoursBe your forever, be your flingBaby I will be your everythingBaby IBaby I willBaby I will be your everything"

Once I was done I started to cry. I couldn't think about the fact that I might be losing the one I love.

"Do you really think she is going to make it," Vicki asked.

 She must have heard me playing cause she was crying to. "I don't really know," I said coming to realize that I was right. I didn't know if she was going to make it.

"It’s an amazing song. By the way and Emily needs you guys here, she needs all of you here," she said breaking the silence. 

I smiled before walking back to my room where Emily was still asleep. I lied down and she moved closer to me. "It’s a great song," she said laying her head on my chest. I smiled then went to sleep.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

I woke up early to a knock on the door. I got up and opened the door.

"Hello, I'm here for Emily," the nurse said as I let her in. "Where is she?” She walked into the room.  I led her to the room where she was sleeping. 

"Do you think she'll make it" I asked as she got a needle out.

"I think she might," she said.

I instantly got a smile on my face. I got what I need to hear, that she was going to make it.

 "I can tell you needed to hear that," she said smiling up at me.

"You’re right; I did need to hear that," I said as I went and sat on the bed as she injected it again. I could feel her tense up but she never woke up.

"She is responding to the kemo very good. She should be done with it in about a year, maybe less," she said and the she left.

Liam," she said opening her eyes up and looking up at me.

"Yeah," I said pushing the hair out of her face.

 "Let’s do something fun today," she said sitting up.

"Like what?

"Well, I have a nurse coming again for a checkup and if its good news I just have a port and I get to take all of these cords off for most of the day," she sounded so happy when she said it.

"All right, let’s talk to the boys while we are waiting. I know they were all upset cause they couldn't come," I said grabbing my laptop.

"I'm your background," she said laughing.

 I could feel my face getting red. "I needed some way to see you all the time," I said laughing with her. "All the boy’s laptops are the same except it’s you and them," I said clicking on Skype. Sure enough as soon as I signed in Zayn called me.