Hypocrites

"A food fight, really?" Emma huffed as she got into her car. Both her kids followed, Charles looking ashamed and Hope proud.

Hope buckled her seatbelt and flailed her arms defensively. "We didn't start it! I told you it was that dumbass-" 

"You also used the word dumbass in front of the prinicipal. Hope, you have to control your temper." Emma exclaimed. As angry as she wanted to sound, she was also very curious to hear what actually happened. Their school principal kept on rudely interrupting the kids as they tried to explain themselves.

"I agree! He was already in a bad mood before you got all sassy, Hope! It's probably the reason he suspended us!" Charles shouted. He was more of the type of kid that liked to avoid getting in trouble, which made having a rebelious sister like Hope very complicated.

Hope rolled her eyes. "Oh, come on. Tell me you don't hate that guy."

"I hate that guy," Emma muttered as she put her hands on the steering wheel and began to drive.

"Plus, you're the one that made it all worse by using your magic! You're not allowed to use it at school!" Shouted Hope.

Emma's eyebrows perked up. Charles had inhereted her magical trait, but still had to learn to control it. Emma had no clue how to explain it to him, so Regina has been giving him lessons every week. "You used your magic? Charles!"

"I was only trying to clean up her mess!"

"It wouldn't have been that big of a deal if you would have left it alone!"

"Not that big of a deal?! Hope, the entire cafeteria was-"

"Enough!" Emma yelled, interrupting the argument that would have gone on forever. "One at a time, tell me what the hell happened."

Hope sighed. "So we were at lunch, and this dumba- I mean jerk, who always messes with other kids, purposefully slams into some girl and spills his food on her, right?"

Emma nodded, already getting angry with whoever the jerk was.

"When I yelled at him, he laughed and said 'What you gonna do about it?' So I grabbed a handful of my spaghetti and slapped it onto his stupid face and said 'That.'" Hope was clearly proud of her actions, and honestly, Emma was too. Standing up for others was something she would always admire.

"He grabbed the spaghetti off him and chuked it at my hair, which is gonna take ages to get out, and next thing I know someone yelled 'Food fight!' and it got out of control."

Emma glanced back at her food covered kids and noticed a nacho pierced through Charles' flannel. "How bad was it?"

"Bad," He shuddered. "All of a sudden food is flying through the air. Some kids decided to flip over the lunch tables and use them as shields to protect themselves, but then all of their stuff fell on the floor and two teachers who were running slipped on them and fell. This girl curled up in a ball and started crying and some other kids turned into animals and acted like we were in the middle of a war."

"I saw Neal standing on a table squirting ketchup into his friend's mouths." Hope said. He may be their uncle but he was just as wild as any other teenager. "Oh, and this sixth grader started having an allergic reaction because someone threw a peanut butter sandwhich at her." She added.

"Oh my gosh," Emma gasped. Kids back when she was younger were wild, but never like this. "wait but, when does Charles use his magic?"

Charled scratched his neck. "Oh, umm, well... I figured I could  make all the food disapear... but..."