Thirty-Seven: And at the moment I hate you too.

Sawyer Evans

"Bennett?" I questioned as I Woke up from a deep sleep. I glanced around the bedroom and it was empty. I then glanced at the clock and it was 10:30 in the morning. I let out a yawn as I Climbed out of the large bed and began Walking down the Winding Staircase. Emily was sprawled out sleeping on Bennett's couch. My back ached for her. I sat down beside her and shook her leg slightly. She jumped up and looked at me with a smile. I smiled in return as she pulled me into a tight hug.

"I missed you so much Sawyer. I needed you." Emily cried. I nodded as I squeezed her tighter into my chest, tears falling from my eyes.

"I missed you too Emily. I'm sorry. I needed a break from everything.. I'm the world's shittiest friend and I can never apologize enough for that. For leaving you.."

"You could've called when you were on your way home, Saw...." Emily spoke as a whisper. I nodded.

"I know. I should have. I was just a mess and only thought about myself and Bennett... I am beyond sorry."

"It's okay. Just don't leave me again.. And you owe me a girls night Saw." Emily pursed her lips. I shook my head.

"Em, I'm trying to limit my alcohol consumption.."

"Then you'll drink fruity little drinks rather than your straight ass tasting whiskey." Emily spoke firmly. "You owe me this. I need it." She added. I nodded again. "Okay, for you. Just make sure I have a stopping point Em."

"Deal. Why are you so scared to drink, Sawyer?" Emily raised a brow. I glanced down to my feet, my toes painted black.
"You're not going to turn into Andy. You don't strive to destroy the people you love." Emily added with a small smile.

"Neither did he Emily. Unless he drank.. And it's not the fact that I'll be him. It's the fact that when I'm drunk, all I think about is the pain. I hate myself. I feel broken and defeated and I dwell on my past when I don't need to. I'm finally happy again, Em. I don't need to numb anything anymore."

"Oh.." she bit her bottom lip. "I'm sorry. I just didn't realize."

"You're okay Em. Be ready tonight at about 9, I'll pick you up." I nodded.

"Oh shoot! Jeff is going to kill me. I gotta run Saw, I was supposed to be at work an hour and a half ago." Emily bolted off the couch and out the door. I shrugged and glanced at the time, it was now 11:00. I walked up the stairs turned into the bathroom and began running a hot bath. I stepped in and sat down, letting the hot water flow over my feet. After about ten minutes, I heard the front door open and shut. I glanced at my phone I had four texts from Bennett and a missed call. I looked through the messages, his mom was coming by..

"Ms. Evans, are you here?" I heard Mrs. James' heels clacking throughout the house.

"Hold on, I'm in the bathroom." I responded as I stood up and dried off. I walked over to the bedroom and quickly got dressed and proceeded down the stairs. "What do you need?" I asked as I saw her sitting on the couch.

"We have been over this many times dear, you can't be with Bennett. I just cannot allow it Ms. Evans. He doesn't belong with you. Do you think you will be able to attend school and aspire to your dreams being with him? You can't Sawyer. You're dating a billionaire, you do not need to work. You have no reason for it." she spoke, no remorse or shame in her words.

"The thing is Eileen, I don't need Bennett's money. I can do well on my own. I don't care about the money I will make or that he makes, I want to help people unlike you. Now if you don't mind, I need to go have lunch with my boyfriend." I shook my head as I grabbed by coat and the keys to Bennett's 2018 Honda insight. My car's heat went out and isn't very safe to drive on the icy roads. I drove to his office and walked through the security guards who looked me down and tried stopping me.

"Let me through." I frowned as I placed my hands on my hips and glared. The men chuckled.

"Now why should I do that?" the taller of the two asked.

"I'm your CEO's girlfriend." I rolled my eyes.

"Ha. You're funny." The short man said.

"Call Bennett and ask. I need to talk to him." I started getting frustrated. "F**k it. I'll do it." I yanked my phone out of my pocket and dialed Bennett's number.

"Hey Baby Girl, I'm kind of busy right now. What's up?" He spoke fast.

"Your dumb security guards won't let me in your building, your mom pissed me off and I'm avoiding alcohol." I spoke fast.

"Oh shit. Put me on speaker baby." I did as he said. "Leonard, Nathan, that's Sawyer Evans. She is my girlfriend and now has 24/7 access, no questions. Understood?" Bennett spoke to the two men. They nodded,

"Yes, sir. We're sorry." They said in unison.

"Don't apologize to me. Apologize to her. Good day." Bennett spoke as he hung up.

"We're sorry, Miss. You just don't look like anyone who would ever be with him." The taller one said. I rolled my eyes as I walked past and up the stairs. I waltzed all the way down to Bennett's office, gaining odd looks from everyone here. Don't judge the ripped jeans people. I shoved his door open and plopped down on one of his chairs.

"Have I mentioned I hate your mother?" I huffed as I blew the hair out of my face.

"Why would you hate Eileen?" A poised french woman turned her head as she was straightening Bennett's tie. I raised an eyebrow and glared at Bennett. "And at the moment I hate you too." I furrowed my brows as I stood up and walked out of his office, he was shouting my name as I did so.

"Sawyer, stop." Bennett boomed through the corridor. I spun on my heel and turned to him.

"For one, don't speak to me like that. EVER. And two, a woman was just all up on you and I've already had a bad day. So, I don't need to see my boyfriend being macked on by some woman his mother sent. I'm over it Bennett. This has to stop. The company is legally yours, so stop listening to your mother damnit!" I snapped. I let out a deep breath before looking into his gorgeous blue eyes.

"Okay. No more, Saw. But just an FYI, she's my photographer baby. You, me, Wes, and Emily are all going to the Bahamas for the weekend and I needed pictures for my new Hotel I purchased." Bennett spoke slow. I made an 'o' with my mouth.

"I'm sorry.." I whispered.