chapter two

Hey, to the two people who've read the first chapter (if you've come back which you probably haven't) I'm SO sorry this took so long to write. I've had a bunch of homework foe biology class. I hope you can forgive me.

"I'm sorry are you confused?"

Courtney leaned forward, "well, not really but yeah."

"Wait, do you feel confused," the doc questioned with his head tilted to the side.

"Not really, no."

The doctor trailed Courtney's eyes as she looked downwards at her feet.

"Do you feel... anything? Anything at all?"

She swallowed hard and considered lying, "no." She spoke calmly.

The doctor's eyes grew wide,"shit. Shit. No, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no..." By the end she couldn't hear his voice as it fell underneath his breath. He had gotten up to grab the phone on the wall. He dailed a number quickly and spoke even faster.

"We have a host!"

The other person on the line yelled, "what!? That's not possible! Two in a month?"

"Bring the security down here, now!"

Courtney tried, again, to find any fear amongst her stone heart but it fell flat. Nothing. She just sat calmly. No fear as to where she was going to be taken or, what was going to happen to her. It's like she didn't care. She couldn't find it in herself to care.

Suddenly, the door busted open and Olivia came through it. She grabbed the doctor's head, slamming it on the table where Courtney sat; in the process, knocking him unconscious. Courtney's eyes rushed from movement to movement; she tried to understand the quick motions that just phased passed her glassy eyes.

"Come on! We have to go now," Olivia ordered.

Courtney got to her feet while Olivia took her arm. They ran down the hall and out to the waiting room. Olivia put her hands to the door Courtney had went through earlier. The door's frame illuminated blue and purple for seconds before they went through. Walking through they landed in their spot. The tree swing.

"Olivia? What the hell is going on? What did you just do?  Where am I?" She tried to put some confusion in her voice, it failed but it was worth a shot.

They both sat in a second of silence.

I should be happy right? Happy. I haven't seen Olivia in ages. Happiness.

Courtney wrapped her arms tightly around Olivia's waist. She laid her head firmly on her chest. Something was off in the way Olivia embraced her. It wasn't lukewarm like Olivia's hugs normally were. On a special occasion Courtney might get a warm hug like the one time her mom called Olivia over while she was crying. Or, after everything happened with her sister and she went to Olivia's house.
"Olivia, what's wrong?"

Courtney lifted her head to lock eyes with Olivia. She pulled back and sat on the swing, Courtney followed.

"I'm-...," she sighed, "I'm not Olivia."

"Then, who are you?"

"I'm not "someone". I'm a memory. You've been around Olivia for so long that I've taken on her role in your mind. I know almost every small detail about her just as you do. I know that she has a birth mark on her foot that looks like a dog's paw. I know she doesn't like her nose and, for some reason she has this weird thing about pants; the shirt has to be long enough to cover the fly trap or something. I also know that she's so lazy that when she texts you she put "C" instead of "Courtney"."

She took a long breath, "I-I just... I saw you were in trouble. I knew what Olivia would do so, I did it."

Courtney had to take a step back to gather her thoughts.

"So, you aren't Olivia?"

"No I am not. I just look and sound like her," Olivia's face fell into the dark look of sadness.

"So,  where am I?"

"We're inside your mind. Those people were your counterparts. Bettter known as the different parts of your personality. You don't feel any emotions right?"

"No... I don't."

"That's because inside your head is all your thoughts and feelings that create your personality. You're their host. Being inside your own head strips you of your personality as well as the emotions occupying it."

"How are you here?"

Olivia glanced at her hands before returning her eyes back to Courtney.

"What would've happened to me if you wouldn't have shown up?"

"I don't know... But we've gotta get you outta here. Being away from your body is nothing but bad news. Time passes faster out there than in here. One day is like two weeks out there."

"Do you know how to get out of here? "

"Well...," she cleared her throat, "no."

"You really are just like Olivia." Courtney chuckled to herself.