Epilogue

Time went by. Luxray and his comrades improved the quality of life in the wild Pokemon community, helping in many ways and influencing the younger generations. Bolt enjoyed being able to battle strong and experienced Pokemon and found herself content for the moment to learn as much as she could from them while teaching them what she could. They shared their knowledge and advice with Pokemon young and old who had a taste for battling, and over time the community grew steadily. There was plentiful food and water for winter, and by spring Cubone had learned to talk and turned out to be a curious although sensitive soul. He would still pout and cry over things easily-such as when he tripped and hurt himself-but Red was always at his side to stand him back up. Cubone didn't take an interest in battling or any of the other activities around the camp but he did have an innate curiosity that led him to wander off. Mismagius helped to keep a close eye on him when he tended to stray and she felt that someday his curiosity would drive him to leave the community and discover the world for himself. Red too felt like going on a journey one day, but one with only two goals in mind: to meet a human and to see if there were any other human culture influenced Pokemon communities like theirs in the world. He expected that his trip wouldn't happen for a long time, but only time would reveal if he was even ever destined to make such a journey.

After discovering that Umbreon were extremely rare in the wild as an Eevee could only evolve into one through friendship bonding strongly at night, Umbreon admitted that it was his friendship with Floatzel that had probably triggered it. He had always looked up to Luxray too much to have considered him a friend while Floatzel and he had known each other before ever meeting Luxray. It was then it was realized that Umbreon's presence in the party had given Pancham the opportunity to evolve into Pangoro, as Pancham can only evolve while around other dark type Pokemon. Umbreon and Pangoro discussed endlessly how strange evolution could be and frequently questioned Bolt more about what she knew.

Floatzel indeed learned the secrets of the marsh, and became one of the few that Mismagius trusted to learn about all of her hidden places of the forest. Floatzel took pride in this and kept the spots secret from even Luxray. Nobody minded as everyone understood it was good to leave such places of privacy be unless they were rediscovered naturally, and that someday they may very well need a place that few knew about again such as when they had hidden Cubone away.

Scrafty was known to be a bit of a show off with his attacks and he also became a bit of a prankster, hanging around with a few Teddiursa and other young Pokemon who would embark on shennanegins galore with him. They were all harmless pranks, such as seeing how many apples they could pile on a Lotad sleeping in the pond before they sank or drawing crude pictures onto the cliff wall out of charcoal dust, but they were lively little daredevils and kept the community on their toes. Truthfully their stunts never failed to entertain and provoked a few retaliation pranks that were as equally entertaining.

Lotad refused to evolve even after getting stronger and developed a close bond with Whimsicott. The two became inseperable and Whimsicott loved to stroll alongside her best friend in the meadow most sunny afternoons.

Geodude was still undecided on a nickname and decided to let Cliff choose his, which Cliff chose to be Boulder. Cliff and Boulder dedicated all of their energy to improving the community, immensly happy to always be building and foraging or replacing roughed up training equipment.

Some Pokemon decided to adopt nicknames while others didn't. Truly, the community of Pokemon was a balanced mix of human raised Pokemon culture and the untouched paradise of a wild Pokemon haven, creating a new culture that took the best of both worlds to make itself flourish. Even with Bolt's knowledge of humans and many things it was Red's infectious glee over them that had really convinced other Pokemon to adopt them as their own ways and to accept them. They had no idea how big of an impact they'd made on the Pokemon world but that only went to show that you can never see the full reach of what your actions have done solely through your eyes alone, and that maybe the things you've done have made bigger changes than you could ever realize.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thank you so much for reading, I hope that you enjoyed Little Pokemon, Big Dreams

at this time I do not expect to make a sequel, but I possibly could change my mind in the future especially if people really wanted a sequel :) I kept the rules of evolution, berries, and everything in relation to the Pokemon games canon knowledge with the exception that some Pokemon can only evolve with humans, replacing that with some form of way that they can do it without need of humans (example: Umbreon's friendship requirement could be met by a Pokemon, same as Pichu's) and I didn't capitalize the types names like they do in the games. The region this takes place in is similar to Unova and doesn't include any Pokemon for after the Unova region/Black and White games