Chapter 3: Blue

Third POV

Somewhere in the field, a 7 years old boy with blue haired run until he fall on the ground, crying and sniffing alone even his face can't be seen with a mask on. Why would everyone hates him so much? Was it because of his eyes? Was it because he was different?

His caretaker, Aoi, was dead, leaving the child all alone without guidance and shelter. Every time he tried to talk or play with other kids his age, they would run and screams 'Monster' at him.

The boy wiped his eyes, whispers, "...Aoi... What should.. I do..?"

His throat dry, it's been long he had spoke almost he doesn't want to speak anymore because no one want to talk to him. He had learned about his eyes. The curse. The stones. The dragons.

Will one day someone could save him?

Someone he could protect?

...a friend?

......a family?

Will he survive this cruel world?

The sun almost set, the wind blows gently and soothing. It's peaceful here. Sit up as he stares at the dawn, his gaze are distance and helpless. What should he do now?

That was until in the distance not far away from the forest he saw 2 people, a young adult that wears general armor lead the white horse and a teenage girl with a unique pink haired was somehow scolding the young man about something.

The mask child tilted his head to the side in curious. What are they doing here? are they travelers? Maybe this is his chance to talk and meet new people. But, will they run like the others? Will they fear him too? He was uncertain if he should approach or not.

He needs a friend.

He needs help.

Smack!

"Hey! What was that for?!" The young man exclaimed, rubbing his head in anger.

The girl huffed in frustrated, glaring at the man, "Do you even know where are we now? Or you don't know how to read map? Admit it, Joo doh!"