Prologue

The red dragon god took on human form, descending from the heaven to rule a kingdom of Earth. He was the first king of Kouka, King Hiryuu. Alongside with his dearest sister, Princess Hime, the pink dragon of love and peace.

But once King Hiryuu and Princess Hime became humans...

King Hiryuu eventually had to fight humans with his sister beside him.

The people's hearts filled with evil, they forgot their god and their country fell to ruin. Even King Hiryuu was captured by humans who desired power and Hime had been held captive by them, who stared at her brother with tears and sorrow. Just when everything seemed on the brick of destruction...

The four dragons descended from heaven.

They come to save King Hiryuu and Hime, wanting to punish the humans for forgotten their god and send them to heaven.

But Hiryuu rejected them with sad smile.

"No, we are humans now. Though the humans may hate us and betray us, I cannot help but love them."

The dragons loved Hiryuu and Hime, as well and did not wish to lose them both. In order to protect them, they gave their bloods to human warriors and granted them strength.

One gained sharp claws that could tear apart anything.

One gained eyes that could see across great distances.

One gained legs that could jump high into the sky.

One gained a strong body that could never be injured.

"You are now our other halves. You will serve Hiryuu and Hime as your masters, protecting them with your lives. You will love them and never betray them."

With the power of the dragon gods, the warriors led their clans to protect Hiryuu and Hime, and brought order to the kingdom. Before long, Hime was killed by one of the enemy whom shot her with poison arrow through her heart and died in the arms of her brother. Hiryuu screamed in agony, mourning the death of his beloved sister who had protected his back in the battle field. The four dragon warriors were depressed and sorrow, failed to protect her. They mourned Hime's death the most. Hime, the first female warriors bravely stood beside her brother for her kingdom is no longer alive.

Soon not long after, the red dragon grew tired of fighting and fell asleep. The mission of the four dragon warriors thus ended. They thought of their king no longer moving and wept. They did not know whether they grieved the loss of someone precious or if the dragon god blood within them mourned Hiryuu's death.

Realizing their power was beyond human control, the four dragon warriors left their tribes and disappeared. The tribes they left behind continued developing on their own, forming the five tribes.