✐ twenty (fb)

1 flashback left

16 years old

After breaking up during summer vacation, Zaheeda had felt a lot loose with herself.

She looked confident and unstoppable, even Sabra could see she was happy.

But that "happiness" was a mask to hide how depressed she was feeling inside.

It'd been a week since they last talked and since they'd last see each other as he had visited family in Korea.

Zaheeda refused to miss him, often getting angry at the recollection of how they ended things.

She stared at the messages between her and Sabra from earlier.

Zaheeda sighed and turned her screen off.

Trying to take her best friend's mind off of things, Sabra demanded they go to the movies.

It was something to do as she didn't go out the whole week.

"Okay mom, dad, I'm leaving."

"Okay! Where's your brother?"

"He's already outside."

"Okay. Be safe."

Z frowned, she'd only be able to go if her brother was going with her, but luckily since the two were very close, they lied for each other.

Trey had something to do so he told her he'd vouch for her if she'd do the same for him.

"You didn't tell me it was a horror!"

"It's not that scary Zaheeda. You've seen worse!"

"Usually when I'm with—"

Z stopped herself before sidetracking to a conversation she did not want to enter.

"Anyways, you'll love it", Sabra smiled and pointed at the menu. "What do you want?"

"I don't know yet, but this line is long. Imma go use the bathroom in the meantime."

"Okie dokie. I'll hold our place."

Zaheeda walked past the restroom as the line for the women were typically long.

She always sneaked in to the bathroom at the restaurant beside the theater for a quick piss and fresh up. It saved her loads of time and it was her secret spot.

* beep *

Her phone sounded of a new text message.

Her hands started to shake as she clicked open the notification.

From Jungkook.

She rolled her eyes and responded back finally muting his contact from her phone.

Finishing her piss; she washed her hands and left the restroom, quietly.

"Finally", she mumbled.

"Finally what?"

She squealed and turned around. Her nightmare coming true.

Jungkook was right in front of her.

But he didn't look himself.

His eyes were puffy red and his nose ran. He looked so lost, but she could tell he was angry.

"What the—What are you doing here?! Were you watching me this whole damn time?!?"

He stared at her then looked at the ground. "I never said you could leave me so why do you think you could easily break up with me?"

"What the hell? Are you mentally incapable of understanding things? I'm not your object and I don't want you! Leave me alone."

She started to walk off, but he grabbed her arm. She pulled it back and slapped him. "Don't touch me you psychopath."

She walked down the back alleyway of the theater, clutching on to her phone for safety.

Jungkook followed behind her until she turned around. "LEAVE. ME. ALONE. AH!", he pushed her on to the wall as he held her arms by her side.

His face was close to hers to the point where she smelled that familiar scent. The one her uncle usually smelt like whenever he was over.

Her eyes shifted back and forth between his. "You're doing cocaine? Are you—are you nuts?"

He let her go, slamming his palm against the brick wall. "You can't leave me Zaheeda. That's not happening."

"Seriously, Jungkook. You need to calm down."

He wrapped his hand around her neck, "If you leave me, I swear I'll kill you then I'll kill myself because I can't live without you. You don't understand Zaheeda. You don't know how I'm feeling. You can't break up with me. You just c—"

* BONK *

Jungkook's eyes closed. His body falling onto the floor with a mild thud.

Zaheeda felt herself hyperventily breathing. She looked at Sabra who stood with a rusty metal object in her hand.

"Sabra", Z cried out.

"We have to go!", Sabra grabbed her bestfriend as she dialed 911 as quick as she could.

"No don't call the police!"

"Are you crazy?! What if he tries to hurt you again???"

"He won't but if he does, I'll get a restraining order."