"Can you put blueberry's in the pancake?" I felt Riley mumble against my back as he wrapped his small arms around my waist. The contact immediately brought me back to the present as warmth seeped through my limbs.

I smiled. "Do you have any?" I placed the batter down on the counter and turned around, pecking his soft lips and watching in awe as his green eyes sparkled and face glowed healthy.

He paused, as if he was thinking then nodded. "Yeah. Think we do, Ill get it." He unwrapped his arms from around me and scouched through the cupboard as I picked up the bowl again and started beating the batter. "By the way, this afternoon I have an appointment at the clinic today." Riley said pouring the blueberry into the bowl.

I raised an eyebrow. "What for?"

An excited toothy grin quickly sprouted on his face as he practically bounced on his heel. "I get to know the gender today".

My heart pumped faster as my eyes widened. "Really?" Excitement bubbled in my stomach as I almost had to restrained myself from jumping on my toes too. 

He nodded. "It's the fourth month, so we'll get to see."

My mind was racing with excited thoughts as my mind imagined about a little girl running around with Riley's bright green eyes and my dark hair or a little shy boy with my gray-blue eyes and Riley's brown mousy hair that had blond streaks and other shades of brown in his hair. 

We worked together in a comfortable silence, Riley only talking when showing me the ropes of their unique stove that was completely different from my electric one. We were soon finished, dished out the food and took a seat on the stool.

I looked around the comfy looking home after taking a bite of food. "Don't you live her with um, Christopher?" I asked, hoping I got the name right.

He nodded, taking a sip of milk. "Yeah, but he's at his," He pulled air quotes in the air "friends house for the week". 

I nodded, "It's just you and him thought right?" I couldn't help but asking. "That guy that helped with the nursery doesn't sleep over or anything." 

Riley face pulled out into a smirk. "No, Jason. He was just a friend that helped me these past months..."

I exhaled a breath a breath, trying to cool down the jealousy that suddenly made it's way to my chest. I placed my fork down. "That's exactly what I wanted to talk about. How you were these couple months when I had no idea you were pregnant."

Riley didn't look at me as I watched him played with the eggs in his plate. "There's nothing much to tell, Jason. First month was some morning sickness. Second and third month was a few cravings and that's about it. I coped with everything, and that's all it matters."

I nodded, a swell of pride rising in my chest that I had such a strong man with a big heart, that was going to hold my baby. If roles were reversed, I had no doubt I would have already cracked, "And you're okay now, right? I mean you didn't have to get hospitalized for anything?" I asked because I would hate to think of Riley laying in a hospital bed and me not being there to support and help him out in anyway.

Riley finally turned to look at me, a reassuring smile on his face. "Yeah, I'm fine. And I'm happy you're here now". He muttered, a faint pink color staining his cheeks.

I reached for his hand, squeezing it. I looked at him earnestly. "And I'm here to stay. I was serious when I said I love you, I want to be able to take care of you and this baby, even after fucking up so much times. But that's..if you you would let me?" 

He nodded vigorously then gave a watery chuckle. "Stop being so gushy. My hormones are crazy without you being all sweet."

I smiled and pecked his lip, suddenly remembering something that had been my backup plan if Riley didn't forgive me yesterday. "Finish up so we could get to the appointment. Plus I got a surprise for you".