It took everything to not yell back at him to make him stop insulting.

"Katie should fire him. She's the Empress, she has the power to." The room goes quiet as we all wait. I hear the large door open, and expecting to see Katie, I see Princess Isabel instead. She wears a beautiful dress that goes to her knees. The color is silk black, making her red lips pop. Her smile seems to ease some people, and same with the grace in her steps.

"She's so beautiful." I hear Jess whisper next to me.

I slowly nod my head in agreement. Since the first time I saw her, she was always smiling. Her eyes were always on Katie too. 

I hear the door open again, and this time I see Tony walk in. His blonde hair has begun to curl in some areas and the bags under his eyes seem to glow. Behind him, Katie walks in. Everyone in the room sits up more and everyone stops talking. 

Every meeting she wears something different. Yesterday she tried for the first time a dress, and today she wears black leather pants. Her hair is down the curls like spirals around her shoulders. Every day it looks like a piece of her is vanishing.

"There have been reports of people in existing towns have been...killing each other," She announces. "If we don't stop them, they'll continue." 

"Well, what is causing them to begin killing each other in the first place?" Tony's father questions.

"We don't know. We only know that it's happening right now, and it's escalating by the second."

"We should talk to them, be gentle." I hear someone request.

"Being gentle won't do anything! We need to let them know that this is not acceptable. Just because the world is falling apart, doesn't mean the remaining humans have to-"

"We need soldiers," Katie says. Looking up, I see her standing in front of one of the big windows in the room, as though she's been pacing the room. "In the book, one of the things that they never did was make an army."

"We don't exactly have enough people to make an army." Tony's father points out.

"No, but we could be more powerful than them. The only advantages they have over us is numbers and technology. From what I've found, they are more advanced than us in technology."

"We don't exactly have good technology either-"

"But we have powers," I whisper, hoping no one heard. Looking up, I see Tony and Katie, whispering to her. "Your Highness!" I say, getting her attention. She looks at me across the room and walks toward us.

"Yeah?" She asks.

"How did we get those strawberries? So far, only you and Gabby have shown signs of powers. Maybe within the next week Jess, Abby, or I will begin to show signs too. If we do, then we need to ask Kallan how he got those."

She nods her head, "Something else I don't know what to do about is if I should tell everyone about them. We don't even know the full extent to the powers. All I know about mine is that daggers shoot out of my hands. That could be all but-"

"There could be more."

"Yes. After eating the strawberries, I noticed that healing comes faster. After my toe, it healed almost right away from the strawberries." She pauses, "Should I still tell them?" She asks.