Part 12

Ethan's POV

I fell asleep, tightly pressed against him. My one and only, Grayson (of course). He had his tan, muscular arms wrapped securely about me. I really love him, he makes me feel so happy and safe.

I think Grayson loves me too, well I sure hope he does, and that makes me smile like a Cheshire Cat just thinking about it. I don't have to hide this anymore, well not to him at least, just everyone else. But at this point, he's the only one that matters.

I stirred in my sleep as I thought I felt another presence in the room. However, I chose to ignore that feeling, thinking it was just me being paranoid. I was proven wrong, when I felt thick duck tape being slapped across my mouth and a blindfold cover my eyes. I did what any normal person would do and tried to scream, I kind of knew that it wouldn't work because of the tape but I tried anyways, and failed. The stranger pulled me up from the bed and pushed a sharp needle into the side of my neck. They then tightened their grip on my arms, when I became aware that there was in fact two people.

My eyes started to roll to the back of my head and my legs began to feel like jelly. Then... nothing.

I woke up, freezing cold and bright white lights shining in my eyes. 'Oh god I'm dead' I thought, but then the lights dimmed a little and I was greeted by the two people I hate the most, my parents.
"Nice to see you, Ethan," they snarled.
"Why am I here? Actually, where am I?" I demanded answers.
Avoiding my questions, they threw me a pen and paper and said "Here, you're going to write a letter to your brother. Explaining that you ran away and DO NOT mention that we actually abducted you, okay,"
"Please, don't keep me here. I'll do anything," I begged.
They sat down on the cold, stone floor with me "Just write the fucking letter, Ethan,"

Dear Grayson,
                             I'm so, so sorry that I left you in that hospital by yourself, I know you hate that place but I had to go. I know that your probably panicking about my whereabouts whilst reading this, but I can assure you that I am perfectly fine. I couldn't put up with being in that town any longer. There's too many bad memories there and not enough good ones. Just know that all of the good ones were when I was with you, Gray. I'm so thankful for that. Also please don't be mad at our parents, I know what they did was wrong but you need to forgive them. I don't want you to be all alone. Don't waste your tears on me, Gray. We'll see each other again, one day. I promise. Don't forget me,

Love, E xx

Tears dropped into the page, smudging the ink slightly. I can't believe I'm faking my own runaway, not like I have much choice but still, this feels so surreal. I never thought that you could be kidnapped by your own parents but clearly that can happen. My moment was ruined, when my mom began to speak, reading the letter over my shoulder.
"Aww how sweet," my mom said sarcastically.
"Well we're gonna take this to the hospital for Grayson to read when he wakes up, have fun," they snickered, evilly.

And with that, they walked up the basement stairs, shutting the door behind them. Leaving me to shiver in the eerie silence. Completely alone.

604 words. Xx