Part 2

Ethan's POV

I was lying awake. I couldn't sleep! My ADHD always acted up at this time of night. I was full of energy. It was 11:30 but I decided to go for a run to try tire myself out. I got changed into some jogging bottoms and a hoodie , tying to be quiet and not wake Grayson up. I walked downstairs and walked out of the door, locking it behind me. As I started running, all I could think about was Grayson and the kiss we shared in my dream. I hated to admit it but I kinda liked it. I knew it was wrong to like  him like that. In an unbrotherly way. But I didn't care. It's not like anything was going to happen between us.

I ran for about an hour, just around the park a few times, before making my way back home. When I got home, I went straight up to my room and got into my bed. I fell asleep instantly.

Grayson's POV

I heard Ethan come back home, I just gathered he had been out for a run, which he does quite often at night. After I heard him lock the door, I shut my eyes and drifted to sleep.

At school the next day, the first 3 lessons when by quite quick. It was now lunch. Me and my friend Josie we're talking about this super hot science teacher we had. Yes, I'm gay. In case you hadn't already guessed.
"Hey Gray, what are you looking at?" My best friend, Josie asked.
"Ethan, I feel bad for him. Nobody ever sits with him, he's always alone," I sighed.
"No offence Gray but he's a freak," my friends laughed.
A rush of anger came upon me. "No he's not!" I yelled. I don't know what came over me, why was I so annoyed at this. They always said things about him and it never usually bothered me. I started marching away from them.
"Where are you going?" Josie grabbed my hand.
"Away from YOU," I pulled away.

I sat next to Ethan in the field. He looked confused and shocked.
"Why are you sitting with he?" He mumbled.
"I want to," I told him. "What are you listening to?"
He passed me a headphone.
"Shawn Mendes, I should have guessed," we laughed.
We sat in a comfortable silence, not one bit awkward. When the bell rang, we made our way to English. I knew Ethan hated this class because it was mostly reading, which he struggled with. I didn't want to sit with my friends because they were bullies. The thing that  made it worse was that up until now I had never realised that I was too and we had been bullying my own brother.

Half way through class, I turned around to look at Ethan. I could tell he was stressed and couldn't keep up with the teacher, who was reading out loud, while we followed on the book. I looked up at the teacher to see if he was looking, he wasn't. So I pulled out my phone secretly, hid it under my desk and texted Ethan.

Me: You okay E? X

A few minutes passed before I got a test back...

Ethan💜: Yeah, I'm fine x

Me: I can help you after school, if your struggling x

Ethan💜: Thats okay, I'll manage x

Me: You sure? X

Ethan💜:  Actually that would help a lot, thanks Gray x

Me:😊😊

Ethan's POV

During English, Grayson texted me and asked if I needed help with the work after school. I was hesitant at first but I agreed. I tried not to be awkward around him, like I was with everyone else. I just wasn't used to having company, so my social skills weren't exactly the best. I wondered why he was hanging about with me at school all of a sudden but I liked being with him so I  wasn't complaining.

Thanks for reading chapter 2. 666 words. Xx