"Whatever." Omar replies grumpily, looking over at Jinx's normal seat.

Hale sighs, watching Bella, Viv and Dom interact. Omar sulks, frowning and glancing around the lunch room every few seconds. He wants to ask Omar what happened. But things have been tense between Jinx and Omar since the game of Never Have I Ever. Jinx isn't one to hold a grudge, but Hale can imagine the hurt he feels. He doesn't know exactly everything that goes on between his two friends, but he knows that whatever it is threatens their friendship. Hale thought that maybe they would sort it out alone. He hoped at least, because they are the two sensible ones of the group.

If they couldn't sort themselves out, and Hale and Dom had to step in, it is really bad. Hale hopes that for the sake of their band, they work it out. Sometimes he just wants to yell at them to go fuck each other because the tension is so thick. And much like now, whenever Jinx isn't around Omar is grumpy.

"Abbey's crying." Bella informs Hale as she gets up to throw her trash away. Hale watches her walk away, his eyes glued to her butt.

"Dude, the baby. Stop staring at Bella's ass." Dom nudges Hale, grinning.

"Right." Hale grabs Abbey, holding his wrist to her chest. He cradles her in his arm and tries the bottle first. It doesn't work, so Hale holds her under the chin and sits her on his knee, patting her back.

That works. Bella sits back down next to Hale. She leans her head on her hand, sighing tiredly. "I'll meet you after school to take Abbey. Hope you don't mind that I have her, Viv."

"Nope," Viv pops her 'p', shaking her head. "She's adorable, even if she's not real. You two make a beautiful couple, your babies would be the prettiest."

Bella chokes on air, and Hale's face heats up. It's not like he hasn't thought about being with Bella. And of course he's thought about her like that. But to have someone else reiterate his thoughts was weird.

👶

The mall was quiet. It was probably because it was right after school in the middle of the school week. The last time Bella was in the mall, she was with her mom and she was forced to go into Victoria Secret. Bella shudders at the memory. It was disgusting watching her mom pick out various lingerie. No matter how much Bella begged, she had to endure the experience.

"One day you'll understand, you'll get a boyfriend and you'll want to wear these things for him."

Bella scowled at her mom then. She wouldn't ever wear butt floss and strappy lace shit for her partner. If she were to ever wear those types of things, it would be for herself. To feel good about herself.

"So I'm thinking edgy, badass vibes." Viv babbles, looking behind her as Bella speeds up to keep up.

"I already have that vibe." Bella reminds, shrugging the diaper bag higher on her shoulder. Viv nods.

"You're right. But Hale loves it." Viv grins, and Bella opens her mouth to argue that she doesn't care what Hale loves and go on a rant, but Viv doesn't give her the time. "And tonight, we are aiming to knock him off his feet."

Bella furrows her brows. "Why?"

Viv bee-lines for an alternative store. Inside smells like incense and weed, only faintly. "Girl, you should see the way he looks at you."

Does he look at her at all? Bella isn't sure sometimes. She thinks he stares at her all the time, but she decides to ignore the feeling, blaming herself for overthinking. Her stomach twists thinking about Hale, her mind jumping to how gently he held her. How perfectly his hand fits hers...