Chapter Twenty-Two

P.O.V.
Max

I slowly peel my eyes open. My room isn't bright yet so I'm guess I'm up to early. I roll around for awhile hoping to get back to sleep, but alas, my brain has decided that I'm awake now. I flip over to face my beside table and grab my phone. I scroll through the few notifications I have and look threw Pinterest for a bit. After awhile I make up my mind that I'm going to get up. It's 5:30 and I have to get ready for school eventually.

I set my phone back on my bedside table and grab a half eaten Milky Way that I left there last night. I munch on the bar as I stretch and mentally per pair myself for the rest of the day. I finish my morning snack and throw the wrapper away in the trash can near my bed. I throw the covers off my legs and get goosebumps almost immediately.

Despite being cold I hope out of bed and trot over to my closet to quickly grab some cloths. I grab a pair of jeans and a random black hoodie with spiderweb on the back and a small spider emblem on the front. I head into the bathroom to wash my face and do my morning routine. When I'm done I throw on my cloths and brush my hair into a short ponytail.

I walk back into my room and grab my phone and my backpack. I don't really know what I'll need for my classes so I only have a three inch binder and a couple five subject notebooks in there. I sling the bag over my shoulder and grab my phone to check the time again. I've wasted about an hour but the bus still doesn't come until 7:30 so I have another hour to do whatever.

I leave my room and glance down the hall to see if Thomas and Joans room light is on, it's not. If they're not up by seven I'll go wake them up so I don't have to walk to the bus stop alone. I walk down stairs and into the kitchen to get some breakfast. As I do I run straight into Joan. I hold back a scream a clutch my chest in horror.

"H-Holy Sh-shit!" I say gasping for breath. "I th-thought y-you we-were a-asleep!"Joan laughs at me and I shoot him a glare.

"No, I normally get up early because I have work. Thomas is the one that's always sleeping in. I made extra eggs, I saw your light on ans thought you'd want some." Joan says pointing at a plate of eggs and bacon.

I thank them a grab the plate to go sit down. I eat my meal while scrolling through instagram and see something interesting. There's a meet and greet for a small local band that I like. There meeting from four to six not that far from where I'm going to school. I like the post and screenshoot it so that I can show Thomas later and ask if I can go.

The band is called Universal Outcasts, I've been watching them stream on YouNow and was one of their first subscribes when they made a YouTube channel. Right now they do mostly covers and other things like that but they're planning on doing some original stuff in the future. There are two members in the band, Sam and Leo. The are sorta like a more punk but also alternative version of Twenty-one Pilots.

They have this whole concealed identity thing, they always wear masks when streaming and when meeting fans. It's really cool in my opinion and give a nice mystery to who they really are. So far my favorite member is Sam. She can play like seven different interments and sing. Leo's trying to learn a few thing but only knows ukulele and piano so far. Leo is supposedly the lead singer, but I think that they both evenly share the singing thing.

"Hey Max?" I hear Thomas question.

"Y-Yeah?" I answer.

"You almost ready we have about twenty-five minuets before you have to go."

"O-Oh, Yeah. I-I'm r-ready." I say. Thomas respond with an okay and tells me he has to get ready before we head. Out to the bus stop.

I sigh and lean back in my chair. I honestly don't think I'm prepared for the school year. Struggling with both a stutter and having DID makes the whole "going to school" thing a lot harder than it is for a more normal person. But who knows, this could either be the best, or the worst, three years of my life.

————————

Yeah! For once I actually got a chapter out on time, yeet. Anyways home you enjoyed. This was a bit of a filler chapter and the next few might be as well. Idk what to do next so I'm just brainstorming right now. Anyways, see ya!

-Leo