Sea Lions, Sharks, Dolphins Oh My

Start from the beginning

“Fried rice? Thanks Ly, you are my favorite sister.” Lance said kissing my forehead and taking my seat.

“I’m your only sister.” I reminded him.

He eyed Leroy, “Not based on Leroy’s screams last night.” He winced immediately after, “Shit, I was just joking. Chill bro.”

Keri giggled, enjoying Leroy’s discomfort before rising and returning to his lap to soothe him. “Sorry baby,” she said leaning in for a quick kiss that soon turned into a lingering one.

That was my cue to leave. I would be talking to Keri later to get the scoop on how their little relationship came to be, minus any intimate details of course. “Hey Ly, wait up. I don’t think I can stomach watching Leroy’s bad kissing…ouch! Damn man, watch the knees,” Lance winced again, getting up to follow me into the kitchen. I made my way to the dishwasher while Lance took a seat on the island to finish eating in a make out free zone. “Where you headed today?”

“Sea Life Park.”

“Oh yeah? Who with?”

“Caleb and Theo.”

My back was to him as he asked, “Do you think that’s a good idea?”

I turned in confusion, “Why wouldn’t it be?”

“No reason, just wondering if you’re ready for that.”

“For what, Lance? A little trip to watch some dolphins with a friend and his little brother?”

He gave me a look that told me he was losing his patience with me, “You know he’s not just a ‘friend’ Lylah. Not the way you two act around each other. If I didn’t already threaten the dude, I would have to sock him one every time he looks at you.”

“What’s wrong with the way he looks at me?”

“It’s the look I give a hot piece of ass. The one of a starving man setting his eyes on a nice juicy slab of steak.”

That’s just wrong, “He does not look at me like that.”

Lance just raised a brow at me, “Trust me he does, but he also looks at you with that puppy love look so I’m not kicking his ass for it. All I’m saying sis, is make sure you’re ready for something with Caleb before you jump into it.” He started digging into his food again, not bothered in the least by this piece of information, where as I was a jumble of nerves.

I knew Caleb liked me, but I didn’t think it was as deep as my brother was making it out to be. Was I ready for something like that? The doorbell rang and I knew whether I was or not, it was time to go. I wiped my hands on the dish towel and tightened my pony tail before leaving the kitchen to answer the door. When I did I was immediately met with an empty space, until I dropped my gaze a few feet and stared at the mini version of Caleb, “Theo!”