"I know what you're thinking, but there was a hole, and there were no guards," She started folding her legs and floated on air, the book in front of her.

Rigel began to move uncomfortably, "I'd rather not," He said abruptly.

"Please, put the book down," He said, nearly forgetting that he had only one arm to hold his body. He wondered would he ever be used to not having that same amount of power again; the amount of someone who had two hands.

Raven looked annoyed, "I just wanted to help,"

"No, you want someone to experiment on," Rigel jumped out of bed, struggling to get his footing. He couldn't believe he was so stupid. Of course, that was what she was after. Why would she stay here just for him? What was he to her, or to anyone? He was just a bodyguard, and that was it.

"Rigel..."

"Please, stay away," Rigel could feel the gravity in his own voice and cursed his weakness. He looked at Raven, and there must have been something in his eyes because Raven stepped back and the book behind her disappeared in what seemed like a black hole. She moved away, turned around, and without another word left the room.

He stared after her, and when he was sure no one was there; fell down to his knees and cried. 

XXX

"Well you're okay now," Cyborg punched him lightly on the arm. Robin grinned, once more in his suit. It was torn and broken when they found him by the river, but now it was fixed. He had a new mask on, shining under the light. Beastboy jumped on him as a small Chihuahua, his eyes were large and glittery.

Starfire stood on the side, smiling awkwardly at him. A day had passed since he had a recheck by the doctors to make sure he was really okay. But her heart still couldn't rest. The memory was fresh in her mind and some part of her wasn't satisfied. He had never kissed her like that; the only time they had kissed was in Tokyo and that was also, compared to this, so still and boring.

"It's good to have you back," Vega said, shaking Robin by the hand, "I was beginning to think you would never wake up,"

"I'm glad I'm back, did I miss any action?" Robin asked. Behind Vega, Yudit stepped to the side, "Thankfully there was no action so far since the last attack. I must apologize, I could not let my prince go and get you in your most time of need, please don't blame him,"

Vega snapped his head at Yudit, blushing. "I think I can apologize in my own terms," he said rather coldly. Yudit didn't seem to care or notice. Robin chuckled, "Don't worry about it, I wouldn't let my princess go either," he said. Behind them, Beastboy and Cyborg gave a teasing glance.

"Where's Raven?" Robin looked around.

"She is in the infirmary watching over Rigel. I am afraid he is not coping well with the loss of his arm," Starfire answered for Yudit. The two looked down; between them, Vega spoke first, "We don't know how we will be able to lift up his spirit,"

None of them said anything. It was a heavy subject no one can really say anything about. It was a pity Rigel had lost his arm, but he had done so by saving his friends. Now whether he will cope or not depends on him.

"By the way, the Lulinds have something they wanted to say to us. They're planning a battle," Cyborg said when the silence continued. "They're waiting now," He went on first, followed by Beastboy. Robin and Vega followed while Starfire and Yudit walked behind them. The Lulinds, like what Cyborg had mentioned were waiting for them in the meeting area. There was a hole on the wall, although it was a small one it still lets in a lot of cold wind. It stroke Rymrma as he stood looking at the few.

"Finally you are here," He said, taking a seat on the end of the long table. Starfire moved to sit on the other end, Robin sat next to her, along with Beastboy and Cyborg on the other side, while Vega and Yudit chose to stand, looking as tense as they ever were around the Lulinds.

"What is this battle you are planning?" She asked immediately. Phodaph who was sitting on the left smiled a little to this and Tofar didn't even change his expression.

"It is clear that we need to attack, if not we are simply waiting to be slaughtered. The king of Tamarah decided he wanted to end the war one-sided, we say we must fight back while we can. And speaking of which, thank you for your bravery," Rymrma nodded his head lightly towards Robin, and in return, Robin did the same.

"From our last meeting a few days ago, we understand from our queen that the liquid inside the weapons comes from the earth, it means there is someone there making these for the king." Rymrma leaned back on his chair; the old wood protested under his weight.

"Deathstroke," Robin said, "We found him busy with unknown weapons, we had no idea there was anything related to a war happening here. If so, then that means the king has something Deathstroke wants,"

"And we believe we know what this Deathstroke wants," Podaph said in a grim manner. "Our soldier has spotted their spaceships flying outside the planet. Our best guess is earth,"

"It's an invasion, Sla-, I mean, Deathstroke wants to take over... the country?"

"The world if it's an army," Cyborg guessed, "The question is, how many men he sent."

"We guessed from the amount the ships could carry, eight hundred, eight hundred and fifty men? And so far even more." Tofar said dryly, "Are you sure you wish to remain here when your planet may be facing a war?"

"We have Titan East, and the army, they will handle the war on earth," Starfire replied for the first time. Robin shook his head, turning his gaze to her, "They won't be ready if no one warns them. Cyborg, is there any way we can send them a warning?"

"I don't think there is. Not if no one in the team wants to go home,"

"Well I'm staying," Beastboy said before anyone said anything, stubbornness in his voice.

"We will lend you our messenger. He will send a message to your Titan East, and your native army. Eyhan, call for Betani, he will deliver this message," Tofar called out towards one of the men guarding the door. With one bow, the man went with his mission.

"Thank you, but you know, there's still Red-X, we can send him," Cyborg looked at Robin. Starfire nodded, "I can see that his presence here is somehow alarming,"

"No," Robin said immediately, "In fact we need him." He faced Rymrma, "Sir, I believe Red-X knows something about this deal, something we don't know about,"

"Oh yeah, we made a deal, nearly forgot," Beastboy said, eyeing the other with a secret message. Cyborg looked away after a while, "You really think we can trust him?"

"He might be planning something behind our back," Beastboy added. Starfire didn't say anything, only concern on her face.

"No, I'll never think we can trust him. But right now we need the information. Sir, if we have time, this should be the right moment to ask him," Robin turned to Rymrma. The old man nodded understandingly and waved a hand.

"So be it, bring this X and be done with it. We have no time to spare,"

"I'll go and get him," Starfire said, surprising everyone, "I believe I know where he is,"

"Star," Robin began. Starfire didn't wait for a second to hear what Robin said; she left the room without another warning and disappeared on the other end. Cyborg shrugged, "Well, there never really was stopping that girl,"