Chapter 19

We walk slowly towards the entrance hall, that is where we had agreed to meet the two marauders. I know that if anyone else were looking at us they may have thought that we were on our way to a funeral, but definitely not a date. We arrived, dragging our feet, and were greeted by two smiling boys. Taking in a deep breath slowly I calm myself before saying.
"Hi James, Black."
Lily copies me, "Potter. Black." She says in acknowledgment.
"Ahh come on girls, if you want to have a fun date then you need to lighten up a bit." Black says in his usual cocky voice. I just roll my eyes, and I have a feeling that lily did the same.
"Whatever" I mutter, knowing that they could here me anyway. They didn't take any notice though.
As we began the long trek to the village lily and I avoid all conversation that they try to start with us.
"Come on girls, you're not going to enjoy this date if you don't even try to" Black said in a mocking voice. I had to try very hard to stop the urge to smack him. I settle on just glaring at the back of his head. I think he can feel my glare as he begins to shift uncomfortably. But I decide that he is somewhat right and I should at least try a little bit.
"So Potter, how did you find transfigurations yesterday?" I said. Black seemed surprised that I was talking, even if it wasn't to him.
"It went well, I think that I'll be alright in the real thing. How about you?" James replied slowly, as if trying to figure out if he should answer.
"Yeah it went ok.. But my squirrels fur was a bit off colour. Lily did amazingly though."
"She always does though, what animal did you get assigned Lily?" Was James' reply.
"Umm it was a uh rabbit" Lily said, not realising that her cheeks had just a hit of pink. Aww young love.
James and Lily continued to talk about random things, getting along strangely well. Whereas Sirius didn't even try to make conversation, which I'm not quite sure whether I'm happy about or annoyed at - he did ask me on the date after all. Urgh whatever.
When we finally arrived at the village we settled in at the three broomsticks and James went to get 4 butterbeers. I sat next to Black and across from lily, we were squished into the corner of the booth, providing no escape for either of us. After exchanging a glance lily and I both turned back to the boys, willing to participate in whatever conversation they want... Well within reason.
"Mmm I love butterbeer" James says almost hugging his glass for warmth. Lily looked over to him and couldn't help but laugh, making a sparkle appear in James' eyes. They're such I cute couple. I can't help but think.
As we continued talking I shivered slightly, this went unnoticed by Lily and James but not Sirius. He looks over and whispers in my ear,
"Are you cold?"
".. No... Of course not" I whisper back, my cheeks slightly reddening at the proximity.
"Do you want my scarf?" He whispers, pulling off his gryffindor scarf and wrapping it around me before I can even say anything in return. Again my cheeks redden slightly. I look down, trying to avoid his gaze, which makes him chuckle. Arrogant a**hole.
As I look up I notice that lily and James didn't notice anything, they were too busy with their own conversation. Sirius, seemingly having noticed this too leans even closer to me, "shall we go and let them have time alone?" Even though I don't want to be alone with Sirius, Lily and James are so cute together and so (for lily) I agree. The things I do for my friends...
Sirius and I slip out of the booth and they didn't even look up, so we leave not worrying about them noticing.
"Where do you want to go?" He asks leaving into me.
"Uh I don't mind.. Where do you want to go?" I choke out. He giggles, which is strangely endearing. Not that I find Sirius endearing or anything. I hope.