Chapter 23

He starts pacing back and forth in front of the wall. Has he gone insane? I slowly start to back away, slightly scared. He starts chuckling lightly and then backs away from the wall, just in time for me to see a door start to form.

"What the..?"

"It's amazing right!" Sirius exclaimed excitedly.

"What's inside?" I ask. Sirius leads me into the room and I gasp as I see a huge hall with a camping styled fire in the middle of the room. Around the flickering flames were all kinds of seats, comfortable settees, beanbags, loveseats and armchairs. The floor was a black carpet that was so fluffy that if you fell on it then it probably would feel like falling on a cloud. There were lamps in the corner of the room but apart from that it was just lit up by the fire in the middle of the room.

"Whatever you want to be inside." He answered. "It's the room of requirement, so whatever you wish for when you walk past the wall will be fulfilled when you come inside. You can also modify the room when you are in it. Think of something that you want."

I closed my eyes and thought about the same room but with a big black dog in it. As I opened my eyes a felt a weight jump on me and something start licking my face.

"Oh hello" I cooed. "You're so lovely." I flick my eyes up to Sirius and his reaction was not what I was expecting. There was no laughter and no confusion. Just shock. "Sirius.. Are you okay?" I ask quietly. This seems to snap him out of whatever trance he was in. Soon his shocked expression was replaced by one of pure joy. He leans down next to me and starts petting the dog as well, I can tell that the dog likes Sirius.. But loves me.

"What should we name him?" I ask quietly, my gaze fixed upon my new pet.
"Hmm how about spike?"
"Pfft are you out of your mind?" I laugh. Sirius doesn't seem to mind though and instead laughs along with me. "No. I think I'll name him... Snuffles." Now it was Sirius' turn to laugh.
"You can't be that cruel to the poor thing."
"It's not cruel. It's adorable." He laughed again.
"Ok snuffles it is then."

Soon we made our way over to the seats by the fire. Sirius suggested that we play 20 questions, in order to get to know one another better.

"Why did you choose the dog?" He asked.
"Snuffles is the same form as my patronus and I always thought it would be nice to have a dog of the same breed as my patronus but could never find one quite right." I answer honestly. He seems shocked.
"Sirius?"
"Really? That's the shape of your patronus?" He asks unbelieving.
Quite annoyed that he was making fun of my patronus I angrily reply, "yes. Is that a problem for you?"
"Quite the contrary my dear." He mumbles before pulling out his wand, "expecto patronum." A bright white dog bounds out of the tip of his wand. The same breed as snuffles. My mouth drops open.
"Oh my.."
"I know." My eyes flick up and meet his gaze. Without realising I pulled out my want and started executing the spell. The two dogs bounce towards each other, happily playing with one another. Soon it's hard to tell who's patronus is who's as the two dogs had almost become one.
"It's so.."
"Strange?"
"Beautiful."
"I wonder why they're the same."
"I'm not sure." For the first time in a while my gaze left the two dogs, only to find Sirius already staring at me. I heard a whimper as Sirius' patronus lost his friend when my attention wavered. Soon Sirius put down his want too.

"So umm onto the next question... Did you really not notice that I existed until this year?" I ask quietly.
"Unfortunately yes, I was stupid to overlook you Layla. I know that. I honestly don't know how I could have missed you, you shine so brightly now." I blushed but looked away.
"You're turn."
"Ok, hmm. Have you ever had a crush on anyone."
"Yes."
"Who?"
"That's two questions."
"But they're in the same category." He pleaded, giving me puppy dog eyes.
"Ok fine. ItWasYou-WhatIsYourFavouriteFood?" I added really quickly, hoping to skim over the last answer.
"Wait what?" His eyes bugged out of his head.
"That's three questions. And you need to answer yours."
"Umm spaghetti carbonara.. Do you still have a crush on that person and (continuing on as an extension of that question) why do you or don't you?"
"I- I don't anymore. It's because said person once agreed to go to hogsmede with me once and then umm when I got to where he was waiting I was pushed aside by the other girl he was going on a date with, the girl that he actually remembered. But it doesn't matter now, it's in the past. What is your dream job?" I ramble, internally hoping that he doesn't really pay attention to a single thing that I said.

"I did what?"

Damn it.