Chapter 18

"Sooooo what are you wearing on your daaaaate"

"Lily, why are you randomly extending words?" I asked seriously (see I resisted the urge to out a pun. Yay me!! .... 10 points if you know where that reference comes from ;) hehe).

"Oh stop being such a smart*ss. What are you wearing on your date?" She asked urgently. What is this life and death? I don't care whether I impress black or not.

I didn't realise that I had said that out loud until lily said "but what if you are soulmates... You need to impress your soulmate!"

"If he is my 'soulmate" I put air quotes around the word "then he won't care what I look like"

"Touché... But I'm still getting you ready for your date." She insisted.

"Okay, but I get to get you ready for your date." I replied, leaving the girl speechless. What did she forget that it's a double date?

"Urgh whatever." She gave in so immediately I jumped to work fixing her beautiful auburn hair into a complicated pony tail with her hair over her hairband so it looks like her hair is acting as the hairband. As I was doing this I couldn't help but wonder about my past week, I had black being especially nice to me... It was actually creepy. And I had more notes from my admirer who made me heart soar in unexplainable ways. The first one was waiting taped to the mirror in the bathroom. It read:

'Every morning when you pray

I wish I were the sun rays

to see you and be your admirer

and pray for your happiness

God bless you with grace'

The second note left was on my night stand before I went to bed last night. It read:

'Oh if, I were . . . I wish I were

or be me only

singing to you the song of love

if you would hear only.'

The third and last note was also last night, it was waiting on my pillow to complete the poem. It read:

'Singing to you till my death. -S'

There was no name. I was given a letter. Do you know how many people who's name starts with s there are just in the 7th year? Well there is Sean, Sam, Shaun, Shane, Scott, Sebastian, Steven, Severus and Sirius. And that's only 7th year!! Oh god this is going to be a nightmare to narrow it down.

I snapped out of my trance when I heard lily say "are you going to do my makeup yet?"

"Oh yeah" I muttered before getting to work on her makeup. After finishing it perfectly I showed her the mirror and she was squealing in delight... Before remembering that this was for a date with James and the squeals came to an abrupt halt.

"Okay lily, now put on the clothes that you set out earlier and then you can do my hair" I said as she scurried away, quickly returning in her shorts and green fitted top, she matched this with converse in the same shade of green. "Wow lils you look amazing!" I said.

"Yeah, yeah, whatever. Now turn around so that I can fix you up." After lily fixed the mirror so that I couldn't see into it she started doing stuff with my hair, and then putting makeup on my face. It seemed like it had taken forever. Eventually she fixed the mirror so that I could see in and I was just amazed.

"This is... Me?" I muttered, more to myself than to lily.

My blonde hair was in a messy yet elegant pony tail, with strands falling elegantly on my face. Lily had finished the look by placing a flower crown on my head. My makeup was done perfectly, eyeliner not too heavy but nice enough to make my eyes stand out and the rest fairly lightly done.

"Now go change. Quickly." Lily said tapping her foot impatiently.

"Why? Can't wait to go on your date with potter?" I teased before running out of the room to avoid being stabbed by the angry girl. I quickly pulled on my cream jumper and jeans, then my black converse. "I'm really lils" I call.

"Ok... Now for the worst date of my life" she sighed.

"I know how you feel" I mumble. She turned to look at me.

"Together?" She asked.

"Together" and I placed my hand in hers. We were ready to face whatever they had in store for us.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

And this chapter is dedicated to Foxling_Ravenwood who is an amazing person (and you should totally check out her profile and read her books... Just saying :D) and an amazing friend. She has been a great help recently and actually managed to inspire me to write again. So thank you so much for that :)

I hope you all enjoyed the chapter, comment if I've done anything wrong because I haven't edited this and I'm tired so there is bound to be some mistakes :) thank you for all of the support and I REACHED 4.5K!! I'm not even sure what to say except thank you thank you thank you so much!

Till next time

-A <3