Night of the Comet Part 1

Disclaimer; I do not own The Vampire Diaries or any of theamazing characters. But I do own my OC Melissa. 

Previously: ..."night mum and dad" I whisper to the photos of my mum and dad's smiling faces next to each other. I turn my light off as a tear slips from my eye as I close my eyes and snuggle deeper into my blankets, muffling my sobs.

Gilbert Residence/Salvatore Boarding House

Writing: Elena, Melissa, Stefan, (Melissa & Stefan"together") 

3rd Person POV

Elena is sitting on her bay window with her legs bent and her diary resting on her bent knees writing into her diary "Dear diary, this morning is...different." Melissa is in her room sitting on her window seat with her legs propped under her while she leans against the wall. She's writing into her diary "There is change. I can sense it, feel it. Today is going to be great and for once I actually believe myself." At the Boarding House, Stefan is writing in his journal "I'm awake. For the first time in a long time, I feel completely and undeniably wide awake." Back at the Gilbert Residence Elena is writing in her diary "For once, I don't regret the day before it begins."

At the Boarding House Stefan is lent over quickly scribbling into his journal "I welcome the day..." Stefan and Melissa both write into their journals "Because I know..."  at the Boarding House Stefan writes "I will see her again" in his journal before setting his pen aside and closing the leather journal. Back at the Gilbert Residence, Elena writes "I will see him again." into their diaries. Melissa sits in her room and continues writing in her diary "I will see him again. For the first time in a long time, I feel good." Elena and Melissa leave their rooms.

Gilbert Residence

Melissa's POV

Jenna is in front of the mirror in our hallway "do I look adult? As in respectfully parental?" Elena and I both look over Jenna 

"Depends..." Elena starts 

"...on where you're going" I finish, Jenna sighs 

"Jeremy's parent-teacher conference. Hair up or down?" Jenna puts her hair up and I look at her 

"Sexy stewardess." Jenna lets her hair down and Elena looks at her 

"Boozy housewife." Jenna grabs her hair up in her hands again 

"Up it is. You two are feisty today." Elena and I both smile 

"I feel good, which is rare. So I've decided to go with it." 

I add on "fly free, walk on the sunshine, and all that stuff. Where is Jeremy?" I look at Jenna questioningly. 

"He left early. Something about getting to wood shop early to finish a birdhouse-" Jenna stops 

"There is no wood shop, is there?" Elena and I both shake our head 

"No." 

Jenna sighs "Yeah."

Mystic Falls Hospital

3rd Person POV

Jeremy stands outside Vicki's room, a nurse comes up "you can't be in here, hon. Visiting hours don't start till 9:00." 

Jeremy looks at the nurse "I just...how is she?" The desperation in his voice is clear while his eyes show worry and concern for the girl he loves.