Two Years Left

Spoilers to the anime/manga and light novels!!!

Their last 2 years are up and now it's ded time
.

The war was finally over. Somehow the world was now at peace. Shinya confessed his love for Guren, and they became a couple.

Time seemed to fly by, and as it did Guren began to change. He wasn't the careless, happy to be with his friends, Guren that they knew him for anymore. He became sad and dark.

Shinya tried to ask him what was going on, but he'd never say. Sometimes he would be happy, but then his mood would change completely, as if he were about to break down in tears.

It was almost a year and a half since the war had ended, and Guren had been more clingy and sad than usual.

Guren had arranged for the whole squad to spend Christmas together.

All throughout their time together Guren was so happy talking with his friends. They finally had a chance to eat some Chrismas cake together. But then he would look at the time and almost start crying.

But he wouldn't cry. He would put on his tough face for his friends sake.

Then the time eventually came. Shigure, Sayuri, and Mito said they were feeling strange. Then their heads fell off. "What the fuck!?" Norito screamed looking at the girls who faded to dust. "Wait Guren, is this what you couldn't  tell us? We're actually dead aren't we?-" Norito faded away.

Shinya sat in shock. He looked into Guren's eyes as he shrunk into the form of a sixteen year old boy. There was a big hole in his chest. He looked at Guren with tears in his eyes and blood dripping from his mouth.

"All this time. All this time you could never tell us. I remember everything now. I'm dead. Y-you brought me back-" Shinya began crying. He hugged onto Guren. "Y-you broke our promise!" He shook violently. "We-we were suppose to die weak, then we'd have won, but-" Shinya was sobbing. Guren cried as he held onto Shinya tight. "Before I go...just one last..." Shinya's lips connected with Guren's. Guren held him tighter as his body faded to dust.

And then he was alone.

He was alone.

He was all alone just like ten years prior.

He sat on the ground and cried, like a helpless child.