Chapter 2

It was a brand-new chapter for JoJo. She was worried that she might mess up and people won't like her because she isn't a proper princess. On that same evening, JoJo ran into her mother and father's room and Jessalynn saw JoJo at their door.

"JoJo?" Jess said, wondering why is she in her room. "What are you doing in here?"

"I don't want a royal ball!" JoJo sighed. "Because I don't know anything about being a princess." 

"What do you mean?" Jess asked. 

"I don't know how to dance, I'mma trip and everyone is going to laugh at me."  JoJo said, doubting herself.

"It'll be fine, Joelle!" Jess said, hugging her. "BTW no one ever laughs at a princess." 

JoJo looked at her mom with tears rolling down her face.

"You know what, JoJo. Just try your best and if someone judge you about something then, that's their problem." Jess smiled.

"Ok, Thanks Mom!" JoJo smiled, as she hugs her mom and walks out of the room till Jess stopped her.

"Oh JoJo! Dad has a gift for you!" Jess told JoJo, smiling.

Then, Tom walked up to JoJo and gave her a beautiful heart-shaped locket necklace and placed it around her neck. 

 "Really! Just a heart-shaped locket?" JoJo murmured

"It's not an ordinary one, it's a very special amulet. you must promise to never ever take it off! That way, you'll never lose it." Tom whispered in JoJo's ear.

"I promise! Thank You!" JoJo smiled, with gratitude.

 "Now, you should get to bed. You have princess school in the morning." Tom told JoJo.

"Princess school?"

"Royal Sparkle Academy, where princesses and princes go there to learn their royal ways including the things you should know for the ball." Tom said.

"Ok, sounds fun!" JoJo smiled. "Good Night!" 

JoJo walked through the hall, smiling bright like the sun till she bumped into Jayden. He looked at the locket that Dad gave to her and told her: "Nice necklace, JoJo!" 

"Thanks Jayden!" JoJo smiled. "See ya in the morning, good night!"

Then, Jayden got jealous and talked about JoJo to himself in his room. JoJo climbed in her bed and told her teddy bear: "Ahh maybe I am ready to be a princess." Then, she laid her head down and her head fell in between the pillows. She picked her head up and walked to her window seat and slept there.