"So, who is this bastard?"

Start from the beginning

I unlocked the door and in we went, almost instantly my mom came rushing into the hall.
"Nina? Where've you been? Did you not come home last night?" She asked in a flurry.

"No mom," I replied slightly sheepishly.

"Why not?" She asked sternly, before looking at Leo suspiciously.

"There's a lot I need to tell you, can we sit down?" I asked. Sensing the seriousness and sincerity in my voice she nodded slowly and Leo and I followed her into the living room.

My mom sat down on one of the armchairs whilst Leo and I took our positions on the couch next to one another.

"Well," I began, "back in November, when I went to that party with Reagan, there was this guy who I really liked at the time. And in short, he put something in my drink, a roofie of some sort."

"What?" My mom asked in disbelief, her mouth gaping open.

I nodded slightly sheepishly, "anyways, luckily Leo came along, punched the guy in the face and saved me before anything worse could happen. That's why I came home late, I didn't want to tell you the truth because I didn't know how."

"Nina? You should've told me," she said. pushing her bangs back out of her face.

"I know," I said.

"But honey, that doesn't explain why you stayed at Leo's last night," she said.

"I'm not finished yet. Friday night I was sad so I went for a walk when it was late, like an idiot and that same guy came and cornered me. I managed to get away before could do...God knows what, I don't even want to think about what he was going to do," I felt myself begin to tear up, "then yesterday, we were all hanging round Amelie and Jo's place and he came along, with a gun...and he shot Rex."

"He shot him? Is he okay?" My mom exclaimed.

"Yeah, he's alive," I reassured her, "I was at Leo's because Rex is his best friend and he really needed support." My mom nodded, furrowing her brows sympathetically but she soon became agitated, anger evident in her face.

"So, who is this bastard?" she spat, referring to Trevor.

"Trevor Malone," Leo intervened, "he's my stepbrother."

My mom sighed, "I hope the police investigate him. And lock him away for a good twenty five years, he sounds like a psychopath to me. She reverted her gaze back to Leo, "well thank you for being there for my daughter through this all," she said, smiling sweetly at him.

"No problem," he said, placing a hand on my thigh. My mom looked at his hand, I guess she was confused about what Leo and I were; I never really spoke much about him to her and my developing feelings for him, I myself used to be confused as to what we were. But now I wasn't, he was my boyfriend, things were finally official.

*

Leo didn't stay for much longer as he wanted to go visit Rex in the hospital, I would go with him but I felt as though I should probably stay with my mom since I hadn't seen her for what felt like ages. I came with him into the entrance hall folding my arms and leaning up against the wall as he put his sneakers back on.

"Are you going to talk to your dad?" I asked.

"I think so, hopefully I'll sort some things out," he said. I stood up straight and he placed his hands on my shoulders and rubbing them, "you gonna be okay?"

"Yeah, I've got my mom and Cy," I replied with a nod, wrapping my arms around his torso and looking up at him, "I love you."

"I love you too," he said, leaning down and kissing me, bringing one of his hands up to my face and lightly caressing my cheek with his thumb. The kiss wasn't long, we kept it short and sweet, especially since my mom was around.

"I'll see you tomorrow," I said when we pulled away from each other's lips.

"See you tomorrow, sweetheart," he smiled, planting one last quick kiss on my lips before leaving. I watched him from the doorway as he got in his car and drove off, waving to me as he started up the car.

"So..." I heard my mom say, causing me to quickly spin around to face her as she stood in the doorway to the dining room, "are you and Leo dating then?"

"Yep," I beamed, "officially as of this morning." I walked off into the kitchen, grabbing a bag of chips from the pantry. My mom followed shortly behind me and sat down at the counter.

"So you stayed over at his place last night..." she continued on. I rolled my eyes, knowing what she was insinuating.

"Mom-" I began but she cut me off.

"Just be honest with me dear," she said calmly, "did you and Leo have sex?"

Wow, I would do anything to be somewhere else right now, I really didn't want to get into a conversation such as this.
"Mom. You know, I waited for the right person and I'm eighteen now, nowadays, that's pretty old," I said, trying to explain myself, wondering whether she'd think about what I was saying or just be pissed and ground me.

She exhaled heavily, "I guess you are right, I know kids have probably already lost it by the time they turn sixteen and hey, you were going to at some point and I am glad that you waited for the right time. Just please, never in this house, okay?"

What the fuck? Were these words truly coming out of my mother's mouth? I was surprised she wasn't slapping me silly. I chuckled a little, "okay mom, never in this house," I repeated her words.

"And also, you were safe right?" She asked, a slight concerned look on her face.

"Yes mom, we used protection," I answered, rolling my eyes as if it was the most obvious thing in the world.

"Good. He's a nice boy, seems like he really cares about you," she said with a smile.

"He does. And I care a lot about him."

Yeet I finally updated idek where I have been but yeah. I really need to stop writing in the middle of the night lol but I guess that's that.

Hope you enjoyed this chapter, it's kind of a filler!

ALSO THANKS SO MUCH FOR 30K READS LIKE WTF Y'ALL REALLY OUT HERE SUPPORTING MY TRASH ILY!!!