"Were you jealous?"

Leo drove me back home, my pizza was good but I was glad to be getting away from Leo. Too much time with him was unbearable.

"So, Trevor gave you his number?" Leo asked, breaking me out of my thoughts.
"Yeah," I replied.
"Aww, a guy is paying attention to you," Leo cooed, acting as if I was a child.

"Hey, why'd do you have to be so rude? You don't even know anything about me, guys pay attention to me," I looked over at him.
"Why'd you care what I think?"
"I don't," I folded my arms.
"You do."

"No, I don't care about your shitty opinion because you're an arrogant asshole," I spat.
He didn't reply after that and we sat in silence for the rest of the journey.

We stopped outside my house, it looked so tiny now after seeing Leo's if I was honest, maybe his riches explained his arrogance.

"Thanks," I sheepishly said as I began to get out the car but Leo grabbed my hand and held me back.
I turned to face him, rolling my eyes.

He then brought his face close to mine, "if you don't care about my opinion, then maybe you're just attracted to me."
"That doesn't even make sense," I said apathetically.
"Really? You were jealous of me and that waitress earlier."

I brought my face even closer to his, "well, you returned her number so maybe you're attracted to me."
I then got out the car without saying anything else, making my way to the front door.
Before I could open it my brother opened it.
"Nina," he said monotonously.
"Cyrus," I replied.

"Thanks for leaving me stranded at school," he huffed.
"Oh no. You had to get the bus for one day, I feel so bad." He rolled his eyes at my sarcasm.
"Yeah, whilst you got to ride in a Mustang," he said, as he watches Leo's car speed off down the road.

I stepped inside, placing my bag down next to the stairs, "is mom home?" I asked.
"Nah, she was but she's gone out on a date," Cyrus explained as he slunk back down on the sofa, picking up a large bag of chips.
"Did she get my voicemail?" I questioned.
"Yeah."

I went upstairs to my room, remembering what Leo had said to me in the car.

"maybe you're just attracted to me."

I wasn't attracted to Leo, he was too confusing and arrogant and annoying and hot. Ugh, I just couldn't be bothered with a guy like him. I mean, I don't even need to be thinking about this, I just need to clear my mind.

Then I remembered something, Trevor gave me his number. Yes, an unproblematic, sweet guy who wasn't going to confuse me. I sat down on my bed and pulled out the small piece of paper from my pants pocket.

I dialled the number into the phone that was next to my bed.
"Hello?" Trevor asked into the phone.
"Hey Trevor, it's me, Nina, from earlier," I replied.
"Oh hey, I was hoping you'd call, I was getting worried you weren't gonna," he said.
"Sorry, I had to do a project with Leo DiCaprio," I rolled my eyes at the thought.

Trevor laughed, "Leo, he can be annoying. I mean I have to live with him now so it's even worse."
I raised a brow, "you live with Leo?"
"Yeah, my mom is marrying his dad."
"Oh jeez, I feel so bad for you."
Trevor laughed again, "it's ok we mainly stay out of each others way."

I heard my mom unlock the front door, "sorry I gotta go now," I told him.
"That's fine. Hey, maybe I'll see you at Eliza's party next week?"
I had almost forgot, every year since freshman year, Eliza throws a huge thanksgiving party. It doesn't have anything to do with thanksgiving, but I think she uses it as an excuse to have one.

"Yeah I'll see you there," I replied.
"Bye."
"Bye."
I fell back on my bed, I couldn't believe that a guy like Trevor was talking to me. And I also couldn't believe Leo was Trevor's soon-to-be stepbrother.

I considered calling Leo, but I knew I'd see him at school tomorrow.

A week had passed, Nate had told me where Adriana had been. He said she was suspended and then when I asked why he said, 4.20 came early for her behind the school.
So I know what that means.

Leo had been hanging out with me recently and I didn't exactly know why, I know Rex had the flu so that's probably why. We were stood by the lockers, Reagan was there too, she and I were going tot the party alone since Ade had decided she didn't want to go and Jace was going up to Oregon to his parents lake house. And Nate. Well Nate just generally can't be bothered for parties, said he'd rather be at home eating pizza and watching Die Hard.

The bell rang, "I gotta go now, I'll call you tonight about the party," Reagan said as she dashed off to her lesson.
"Free period?" Leo asked, finally speaking, I nodded in reply.
"So are you going to the party?" I asked him.
"Nah, me and some guys are going to a bar instead," he told me.

"Ew, you're like killing your high school experience by becoming an old man."
"I'm not, I just can't be bothered to go to a shitty party full of people I hate," he explained.
"Fair point." I paused before continuing, "by the way, I didn't know you were Trevor's stepbrother."

Leo awkwardly shuffled, like the though of it unsettled him.
"Did I need to mention it?" He asked.
"Is that why you were so mean about him when he spoke to me? Were you jealous?"
"What? No! I said that because it's true, you're just one of the many girls who thinks he's amazing."

"Aww, do you wish girls thought you were amazing?" I stuck out my bottom lip.
"Girls do think I'm amazing," Leo laughed.
"Sure they do, DiCaprio," I said as walking off.
"Hey, fuck you!" Leo yelled, I turned around and smirked but continued to walk.

Leo's POV

Man, she was annoying. Of course I get girls, just not always stupid ass high school ones. It wasn't exactly like she got loads of guys, I'd only ever really seen her with some Nate guy a lot but I think they're just really good friends. It's surprising if I'm honest, I think she had a boyfriend in the early days of junior year but I haven't seen her with anyone else.

Anyway, I don't really care, she's not really my type anyway, she's boring. Oh, who am I kidding, she is one of the funniest girls I've met, she was also always so confident around me.

Ugh I really need some alcohol in my system.