Absolutely | Gwilym Lee

Requested: ✔
X Reader: ✔
Warning: Mild angst, other than that, a lot of fluff ❤
Requested by merstarkey

Y/N's P.O.V.

"What are we gonna watch?" i sighed, looking through all the movies. "Pick whatever you want, darling. I like what you like.". Well, he's no help. I shuffled through the cases of movies and spotted (favorite movie). "Can we watch this one?" i asked, holding the case up for Gwilym to see. "Sure! Go get the popcorn and we can start it."

I handed him the movie and ran into the kitchen. Everything in our flat home was so bare. We had barely unpacked two boxes. There were piles of them sitting in the corner of the living room.
Opening up the microwave, i groaned, seeing as some of the popcorn was burned. I grabbed it anyways and walked back to our room. "I hope you like it...crispy?" i laughed out, handing him the bowl. He smiled. "I'm sure it'll make do."
"It better." i sighed. I sat down and focused on the movie. Gwil wrapped his arm around my shoulder and we cuddled in silence. It, however, was far from awkward silence. It felt, well, loving. I smiled, looking to my left to see that my fiancée, was fast asleep. I guess now is my chance.

I got up, making sure that i didn't disturb Gwilym in any way. I walked quietly to the bathroom, and searched around. Finally, i found exactly what i was looking for. I opened the box, and looked down at the small pregnancy test. Was i actually about to do this? What if i was pregnant? Me and Gwilym have previously discussed kids, and he made it clear enough to me that he never really planned on having any. Would he leave me? That question scared me the most. But i took the test, and placed it face down on the bathroom sink. I stepped out of the bathroom and sat down on our couch. The living room was literally walled in with boxes. That was going to take quite awhile to unpack. I groaned, checked my phone, and realized i had been sitting there for a little over twenty minutes. My answer no doubt awaited me in the bathroom. I got up, wiped the sweat from my hands, breathed out, and walked ever-so-slowly to the door. I closed my eyes. This can't be real, right? I grabbed the test, flipped it over, and opened my eyes. Two small lines stared back up at me. My breath hitched slightly, and my hands began to shake. I put the test down and sat on the floor. Why the hell did this have to be happening to me, of all people?

I sat there, and just quietly sobbed, hot tears slipped off my cheeks. I decided that i should get some rest, and wiped my eyes. I stood up, grabbed the test, and stuffed it into the pocket of my hoodie. Too scared to wake Gwilym up, i went into the living room. I turned off the light, and laid down on the couch, still very shaken up. I closed my eyes, and let the faint sound of the ceiling fan calm me to sleep.

~ ~Time Skip to Morning~ ~

The sun began to peak through the spaces in the blinds. I slowly sat up and stretched. I began to question why i was sleeping on the couch, but then, the reality of last night hit me. I instinctively shoved my hand in my pocket and pulled out the pregnancy test. The two little lines were even darker now, and it was all the more evident that i was pregnant. I had been suspecting something for quite some time now, but i had hoped it was all my imagination. I had somewhat suddenly gained more weight in my stomach region, and i had been feeling... A tad bit different. There's not much of a way for me to describe it. I yawned, and got up. I went to our bedroom doorway, and found Gwil was nowhere to be seen. I panicked. I looked at the open bathroom door. Not there. I stepped quietly towards the kitchen. I could smell food. I turned around the corner, and there Gwil was, making breakfast. "Good morning darling. Could you grab me a plate for this bacon?" I smiled and did what he asked. "So, why did you sleep on the couch last night?" he asked, still focused on the eggs in the pan. "Oh, well i got up for a snack, and when i came back,you were asleep, and i didn't want to disturb you. I figured it would just be better if i slept out there." i lied, hopefully convincingly. He just mouthed an "Oh" and continued cooking. "I was wondering if you wanted to go out for lunch?" he smiled at me. I leaned up against the door frame.
"I would love to. Where were you planning on going?" i questioned. "Was going to let you pick. But if thats going to be anything like finding the right movie to watch, i might have to pick instead. " We both laughed. He finished getting all the food together, and he handed me my own plate, before taking his. We sat down in the dining room and ate our food. "Oh, and i have a suprise for you." i said, taking a sip of my tea(or coffee if you'd like).
"Really? What is it?" he asked, looking up. "I dont suppose it would be much of a suprise if i told you now, would it?" he groaned and laughed. "Well dont leave me wondering for too long, dear.". I took my dishes to the sink and began washing them. Gwil followed behind me. "I don't think so." he said, moving me out of the way so he could do the dishes"You know, i could have very easily washed a plate and cup. Its not impossible. " i laughed. I left the kitchen and went to our closet. I picked out a (favorite color) dress, and some nice sandals.
I grabbed the pregnancy test from the hoodie and hid it in my hands.

"Ready for your suprise?" i called out. "Ready as i'll ever be!" Gwil shouted back. I walked out, still holding the test tightly. I walked up to him. "Close your eyes first." i instructed. He did. " And before i show you, you have to promise me you wont get mad. I know we've talked about this before, but i guess life had other plans," i laughed out. "Give me your hands." He stuck his hands out, and i placed the pregnancy test face up into the palms of his hands. " Its fine to open your eyes now.". He opened his eyes and looked down. He studied the test for a moment. I could feel the tears threatening to spill more with every second.

"Is this real?" were the first words he spoke. I just nodded, and he placed the small test on the table and hugged me. " Oh my god y/n im going to be a father! Oh my god." he smiled, and i hugged him back, shocked. "So you want to have a kid?" i smiled. "Well now that i know i am, yeah!" he laughed. I was crying. And smiling. And laughing. But a lot of crying. I just stood there, hugging Gwil, smiling, crying, and laughing. Gwil was acting like a kid on Christmas, and i couldn't be loving it more. I wiped my eyes and placed my hand on my stomach, and Gwilym did the same. "I can't believe i'm gonna be a dad." he said softly. "Do you think i'll be a good mum?" i ask" looking down and my belly. "Absolutely"

A/n: ahhhhhh guys its done. Thank you so much to merstarkey for this beautiful request! Im sorry if it sucked 😂😭. Also, i dont think i can take any more requests rn. If you requested something, don't worry, im still writing it. But I'll be sure to tell you guys when i need more requests!

JustFangurling was [-x-]