A window blew out sending hot shards of glass just passed my face.

"Son of a bitch... she better love me after this!" I say to myself as I jog upstairs passed the black smoke.

I looked passed the four doors and there was no sign of her.

"MARÌA!"

Still no sound of her feisty voice.

I searched throughout the second level.

Nothing.

I searched the first level and still nothing.

I opened every door except for the one at the end of the hall on the first door. When I went to open it the door was locked.

It was harder for me to see as my vision was all a blur. I held my shirt up to my mouth as I rammed my shoulder into the door.

As soon as I reached the last step my heart started to race even more

As soon as I reached the last step my heart started to race even more. Maria's head was tossed back, her hands tied to the chair.

"Marìa, can you hear me?" I ask as I untie her wrists. Anger surged through my body seeing her wrists so bloody. "Please talk to me... I can't loose you."

"Luke..." She coughed, slowly lifting her head.

"I'm here... stay with me."

———

I'll never forget the fear in her eyes. How weak and fragile she was when I found her. I was so close to loosing someone I never really had. As for Ezra and Trey, they're fine. Ezra was close to drowning to death but he managed. When I find the bastard that did this, he's a dead man.

"Her vitals are stable. She just needs to rest for the time being." The doctor smiles slightly as I continue stare at her pale body. "She's safe now.. you don't need to worry."

I'll stop worrying when that bastard is dead.

"Thank you doctor." I reply with a forced smile. She nods her head finally leaving me alone with her.

My phone vibrates in my hands I immediately open the message.