Prolouge.

I revved the iron horse I sat upon. The growl of my Honda crf 250 2-stroke sent shivers down my spine. Today was my first attempt of a Kiss of Death to dirt. I wasn't scared though. At the ripe age of 15 I could recover from anything. I shifted down to first and jumped into gear. I shifted into second as I approached the jump and launched of at full throttle. I lifted both my legs up into the air, doing a hand stand on the bars. I brought my legs down when suddenly my hand slipped. The force of my body sent the bike and me hurling towards the earth. The first thing to strike was my right shoulder. Then the world was up side down and blackening at the edges. It was like the world suddenly stopped. I felt lost for the first time in my entire life.

"is your back broke?" a loud drowning voice broke through the depths of my mind.

Everything started to clear up and suddenly my back and shoulder erupted in pain. I tried to ignore it and focus elsewhere but for some reason it stayed ever so dominant in my mind.

"my shoulder," I wheezed out, "I think it's broken."

My brother lightly touched my back as if to help me and once again the world cut out. This time though there was no comfort from the pain. It made itself know like a violent driven force. By the time my focus came back I was tied into golf car with duct tape and my arm was in a makeshift swing. I smiled at my brother who glanced in my direction.

"I guess I just kissed death literally." I laughed before the pain took me under again.