: the past and present - sasuke

prompt: you and sasuke both were killed in action while saving the village when your daughter was a newborn and she finally gets to meet you two.

italics : a dream
regular: present time

-

"Old man, Kakashi. What were my parents like?" The little girl asked. The silver haired man looked at the child, she resembled Sasuke and Y/N heavily.

She had dark hair, from Sasuke, and she inherited Y/N's Y/E/C eyes.

"Well, it's quite a long story, Sora." Kakashi responded. "I want to hear all of it!" She exclaimed, sitting criss crossed in the grass.

Sighing, Kakashi gave in.

"Anyways, I think I can show you better than I can tell you." He spoke, exposing his sharingan. Kakashi put her into a genjutsu as he laid her peacefully into the grass.

"Where am I?" Sora spoke to herself as she awakened in a bright and flowery meadow . Suddenly, she heard a gasp come from behind her. "Sora." A female voice spoke.

Turning around quickly, a woman that looked kinda like her stood there.

"W-Who are you? And how do you know my name?!" Sora questioned.

Y/N chuckled at her daughter's defensive nature. "Do the names, Sasuke and Y/N, mean anything to you at all?" Her mother asked her.

"Well, yeah. Uncle Naruto and Old Man Kakashi said that they were my p-" Sora froze as her eyes widened, coming to realization.

Walking towards the woman, she felt tears coming into her eyes.

"M-Mom?" She questioned.

Y/N nodded, a small smile on her lips.

All of a sudden, Sora wrapped her arms tightly around her mother. "Mom, I've wanted to meet you for so long." She cried.

Pulling away from the hug, Y/N looked her daughter in the eyes.

"You've grown so beautifully, Sora." She complimented. Sora smiled, "Me? Mom, you're gorgeous!"

"Um, is dad here too?" Sora asked, questionably. Y/N rolled her eyes playfully, "Oh that Sasuke, he's rarely ever on time, shame on him." Y/N giggled.

As if on cue, Sasuke could be seen walking towards them in the meadow.

Turning around, Y/N gave Sasuke a punch to the head. "You can't even be on time to meet our daughter!" She scolded him.

"Ok, Ok. I'm sorry." Sasuke pleaded with his wife.

Sora stared at her father with wide eyes and pink cheeks, convinced that she had the most good looking parents on the planet.

"Sora." His voice spoke, a small smile rested on his lips. Sora walked forward and hugged her father.

"Dad." She smiled into his chest.

Pulling away from the hug, Sora had a large smile on her face.

"I've heard so many stories about you guys! Uncle Naruto says you were the coolest shinobi in all the land!" She exclaimed happily.

"Oh goodness, I wonder what else that Naruto has told you." Sasuke facepalmed, thinking about his bestfriend. Y/N giggled. "Well you know, your mom was definitely the coolest kunoichi around in those days." She bragged about herself.

"I can't wait until I hear everything about you two. I want to know the whole story, everything." Sora confessed, looking at the ground.

"Well, that'll happen once you wake up." Y/N's voice spoke.

Looking up the ground, she furrowed her eyebrows.

"Huh?"

"Wake up, Sora." Her father spoke.

"Wake up..."

Jumping forward, her breathing was heavy as she quickly got up from the grass.

"Mom? Dad?" She questioned turning around as she looked everywhere for them.

Realization hit her as it was just a dream... and that's all it'll ever be.

-