"I'm going for a walk." I said.

"It's snowing outside please wear a jacket." My mom scolded as I left the room. I grabbed my heavy coat, zipping it up and throwing my hood on my head over my ears.

Frost and fresh snow crunched beneath my feet as I walked on through the cold January air. My breath was visible as the cold air entered my lungs and I shoved my hands deep into my pocket. The sun was escaping the sky quickly but I kept walking along. I really had no destination I just wanted to take a walk to clear my frazzled mind. Snowflakes were descending from the sky all around me and I attempted to catch a few with my tongue. One landed on my nose and I shivered at the cold contact from the frozen water.

I smiled to myself as I hurried across the road to pass under the medal gateway. The dirt and stones were covered in a blanket of white but I still knew exactly where I was going. Once I made it there I knelt down with my knees landing on the freezing wet ground but I didn't mind. I tugged my sleeve over my hand and wiped it across the name on the stone until it was visible again.

"Hey dad, I'm sorry it's been so long. I've just been, moping around I guess. Ashton left six months ago and I just never thought losing him would put such a pain on my heart." I said aloud and the snow began to fall harder.

"I guess I'm just scared he's moved on. That'll kill me." I said and wiped a snowflake from my face.

"Losing you didn't mean I stopped loving you though. It isn't the same isn't it?" I asked the sky and watched as a dusting of white fell around me

"I miss you dad." I said finally and kissed my fingers to place them to the ice cold stone. Once it fell dark I decided to make my way back home. A final glance at my fathers grave and I set off back home. At the crossroads between downtown and my home, I paused. Maybe a little longer outside of the house would help me out so I let myself go towards town. Lights were illuminating the streets and I stopped when I saw the record store that Ashton used to work at.

I couldn't help but smile. I mean something so familiar, so incredibly Ashton that reminds me of the times when he was around. With the snow beginning to speed up, I gripped onto my hood and burst through the door into the small store. It was mostly empty except two teenage girls practically drooling over some bands new album, making me chuckle slightly. I moved slowly around the room just taking in the memories when my eyes caught a familiar face.

Jackson, from chemistry. He hits on me at least once a week and won't leave me alone at school so I wasn't too excited to see him here. Once he noticed me there was no escaping so I just grabbed up a cd and scanned the cover to avoid eye contact but he walked up to me.

"Well Luke, fancy meeting you here." He smirked and I shrugged.

"Just looking for a new cd." I lied and let my fingers skim over the various cases before picking one up.

"Well we close in fifteen minutes, do you want to go grab some coffee?" Jackson asked and I mentally rolled my eyes to refrain from doing it for real.

"I can't, my brothers coming home for the weekend." I said and turned to head towards the exit.

"Why do you alway shoot me down?" He asked sounding frustrated and I paused myself before I spun around to face him.

"I have a boyfriend." I snapped a little too harshly.

"But isn't he in Australia or something?" Jackson asked and I tensed up.

"Yes." I said crossing my arms across my chest, a habit I picked up from Calum.

"So why can't you have coffee with me?" Jackson smirked but I was irritated now.