4

Luke’s POV

It was two in the morning and I couldn’t stop thinking. Somewhere in the night my thoughts switched from Ashton to everything crappy in my life. How invisible I really was, how my brothers really wished I was never born or how I was probably a bad friend to Calum. I loved my mom and Calum to death but they probably think I'm pathetic. I miss my dad. He was the one who would always encourage me. It’s not like Cal and my mom didn’t but with my dad it was different. He was like a hero to me and we did nearly everything together. I hate that he died and I hate that it was probably my fault. I just had to be the survivor of that crash. Why couldn’t I have been the one taken?

Calum was snoring softly next to me but I couldn’t manage to fall asleep. He always stayed over on weekends when I wasn’t staying at his house and being friends this long we always shared beds. It wasn’t weird for us and even after what I told him tonight it wasn’t weird to sleep in the same bed. Just as I closed my eyes I heard a clank noise coming from my bedroom window. I crawled out of bed as quietly as I could and walked passed my desk to the window. Another rock hit the window as I started opening it and I realized someone was actually throwing rocks at my window, how incredibly cliché.

When I opened the window I looked down to see familiar hazel eyes sparkling in the moonlight. What the actual heck was Ashton Irwin doing throwing rocks at my window from my back yard?

“Ashton?” I whispered loudly and crawled out on the awning to get a better view. My awning wasn’t directly below my window but more off to the side. I had a small ledge directly under my window so I could walk along that. I made it to the awning and looked down at Ashton.

“Juliet, Juliet let down your hair!” Ashton yelled out and made himself giggle. I laughed softly but tried to shush Ashton which was impossible because he was giggling like a school girl. He was obviously drunk.

“Stay there Ashton I'm coming down.” I said and climbed back inside. I threw on a jacket and shoes, hurrying out the back door to the yard.

He turned to look at me and smiled with deep dimples. I crossed my arms over my chest and walked closer to him.

“Hi.” He whispered with a slight slur.

“Hi, what are you doing here?” I whispered back for some reason.

“I had to see you Lukey Poo.” He slurred and smiled at the ridiculous name.

“You’ve been drinking Ashton, you should go back home and get rest.” I said looking to the gate where our back yards connected.

“I can’t go home; I'm too far from home Lukey Poo.” He slurred and ran his hand through his hair.

“What are you talking about Ashton? Your house is right next door.” I gestured towards the house. I was really confused. Did he mean Australia? I remember that’s where he said he was from, I asked because of his accent.

“My fucking mom drug me to this god awful place. I didn’t want to be here and my dad fucking left me with that crazy bitch. Why did he hate me so much Luke? Was I that bad?” he asked with his lip quivering. I had no clue what he was talking about and out of all the people in this world why was Ashton opening up to me?

“Ashton…”

“I mean I know I'm an asshole and I’m gay but why does everyone hate me?” he looked at me with such fear and rejection. He looked like a scared animal. I hated the way he was right now; it actually hurt me to see him feel like this.

“I don’t hate you Ashton.” I said. I mean I didn’t hate him and I might of liked him as more than a friend but right now he just needed to know someone didn’t hate him. His eyes met mine and his face seemed to soften.  I walked closer to him, smelling the alcohol mixed with his cheap cologne.