Chapter 7

Justin's POV

I finally managed to get Ashley to come and sleep at my house to night. We finally arrived. When I looked in the passengers seat Ashley was passed out. I knew she probably wouldn't sleep like this in a long time so I picked her up lightly and took her upstairs.

I came back downstairs and saw my mom in the kitchen.

"How is she." I told my mom on the phone before what happened.

"She's not good at all. But who would be? If I lost you I wouldn't know what to do with myself."

"Just remember to take care of her and she can stay as long as she wants here. I'm going to sleep goodnight."

"Goodnight." I walked backed up and fell asleep next to Ashley.

(Morning)

I woke up to the sun shining bright through my curtains. I looked to see if Ashley was sleeping and she wasn't there. That's weird. I went down stairs and was greeted with good mornings.

"Hey baby. How you feeling." I walked to Ashley and kissed her temple.

"Fine. After here I'm going to the mall wanna go with me?"

"Mall? Are you sure after what just happened?" Why was she acting like this? She completely ignored my questioned Nd out her empty bowl of cereal in the sink.

"Justin? Are you gonna come or not?"

"Umm sure. Let me go egg dressed." I was gonna find out what was wrong with her if it was the last thing I would do. I put on a plain black t-shirt with skinny jeans. Then I put on my red supras and red SnapBack. I went downstairs to see Ashley watching tv.

"Ok I'm ready. Let me just get my car keys." We drove all the way to the mall in complete silence. We finally got there and decided to go to Spencer's. While walking there I decided to start a conversation.

"So when are you planning the funeral and everything."

"Today and the rest of this week. I just have to talk to school."

"My mom got it covered. So both me and you don't have to go." We went to a few more stores and She picked a black dress for her moms funeral on Saturday.

(Friday Night)

All week Ashley has acting totally normal like nothing had happened. I know she's holding everything in and that's not good for her. Every time I brought up her mom she would change the subject.

"Justin I'm going to sleep. Are you coming?"

"Umm yeah." Hopefully tomorrow will go ok.

(Funeral)

We made it to the funeral and there was few people. Maybe about 50. We were sitting down while friends and family where talking about there times with Ashley's mom. It was finally time for Ashley to go up and speak. Before she got up I kissed her and told her everything was going to be alright.

She got to the podium next to her mother and started talking.

"My mom was a lot of things. She was generous,funny,and always new what to say. She always put people before herself. I loved my mom and even though I didn't show it sometimes I knew she knew that I did. Now I now she's up in heaven with my father probably watching me and smiling..."

She was about to finish but ran off stage. I went to go for her and told my mom to make a distraction. I ran about 5 minutes and stopped when I saw her sitting on a rock next to a pond.

"Hey ash." I looked at her and it broke my heart.

"Hi.."

"How come you never told me your dad died?"

"B-because I didn't want to go over the fact that he did die. Just like now I-I tried to act like nothing happened and today it just all came o-out. I'm suppose to be strong. I promised h-her it would be strong but I just can't!" She sobbed.

"I know for sure your mom wouldn't want you to hold it in. Sometimes you just have to let everything out in order to feel better."

"Thanks Justin. My dad would've love you." I smiled.

"Come on. Let's go before people start getting worried." We walked back and finished everything up and I was by Ashley's side the whole time. Knowing her heart was broken I would be the glue to put it all back together.

-----------------------------------------------

Rate and comment. Go read my other JBFF's!