"Yeah that's fine," she said, her voice coming out higher than usual.

"Are you sure," he asked, quirking an eyebrow at her playfully.

"Of course," she said, moving around him to leave the garage and turn off the lights. "But you need to shower. You smell disgusting."

He laughed quietly, following her out of the garage and up to her room. He took out spare clothes that he kept at her house and closed himself in her bathroom.

-----

"Sean can we talk?" Kaycee asked, sitting up and pushing her hair to the side. He sat up next to her, inching closer so that their legs were touching. Kaycee tried to ignore the shiver it sent down her spine.

"Talk about what?" He asked, leaning in to place a kiss on her cheek. She blushed and fought to keep her focus on the discussion she wanted to have.

"About what's going on. Sean, I don't get why you're doing this," she said, a wave of shyness taking over her as she focused her attention on a stray thread from her comforter.

"I have no idea what you're talking about," he whispered, leaving a kiss against her ear. Kaycee felt herself melting into him again. She pulled away sharply, putting a few feet in between them in an attempt to get herself under control.

"Stop it, Sean. I'm serious. We've never not talked and I'm trying to understand," she said, frustrated tears making their way into her eyes. He tried to lean in and comfort her, his heart clenching at the sight of her pain, but she leaned away, dangerously close to falling off the bed. He put his hands up in surrender and stayed where he was.

"Okay, what do you want to know?" He asked, looking at her sincerely.

"I want to know what's going on between us Sean," she said, not able to look up at him.

"Kayc, if I'm honest I have no idea. Whenever I'm around you I forgot how to function. It just feels like the right thing to be doing," he said quietly. She closed her eyes, trying to process what she was hearing. She couldn't decide if she thought it was a good or a bad thing. On one hand, she agreed with him that it felt right to be with him in that way, but it didn't seem right to her to jump right in without talking things through first. She asked him the question that had been bothering her for hours.

"Why did you kiss me yesterday?" She looked up at him when she said it. He was the one to look away then, trying to put together what he wanted to say.

"When I say you dance with Ken, I honestly just couldn't take it. It was like he was taking something from me. Like he was ruining something sacred. It didn't feel right Kaycee. I was mad at first. I wanted to go over and punch him, to be honest. But then I pictured how you would look at me if I did that and I couldn't. The only thing that made sense to me was to kiss you. I don't know if it was the right thing to do but I would do it again. And I want to do it again. But only if it's okay with you," he said, his gaze boring directly into hers. He seemed so sincere, but Kaycee still didn't know how to move forward, how to act now.

"Okay, so what does that mean?" She asked, willing herself to be strong and maintain eye contact.

"I don't know what it means Kayc. All that I know is that ever since I kissed you, I haven't wanted to stop."

His gaze became too much for her. Heat rose to her cheeks and spread throughout her entire body. He came closer to her then, taking one of her hands in his and rubbing the back of it with his thumb.

"I just have one more question."

"Anything," he said, bringing her hand up to his mouth and placing a kiss on her palm.

"What does that make us then?"

He stopped for a second, looking her over thoughtfully before answering.

"That makes us two people who don't know what the hell is going on but knowing the only time anything makes sense is when we're together."

She hesitated, stuck between wanting to melt from the things he was saying to her and being frustrated at his lack of a specific answer. When she looked into his eyes though, she found her questions fading away, wanting nothing more than to curl up into him and fall asleep to the sound of his heartbeat.

"Let's talk more tomorrow okay? Let's both sleep on it and talk with clear heads in the morning. I promise we'll just sit and talk it out for as long as you want," he said after she didn't respond. She nodded shyly, exhaustion creeping up on her. She buried her head into his shoulder as they laid down. He pulled the covers up around them and placed a kiss to the crown of her head.

"Are we okay?" He asked, looking down at her and stroking her cheek. She looked into his eyes, seeing nothing but love and sincerity reflected back at her. Her mind went blank and she connected her lips to his. He sighed into her mouth, relieved. Neither one of them tried to rush anything, push the other too far. Their kiss help promise and hope, the perfect way to solidify a bond that couldn't be explained any other way. She pulled away slowly, immediately burying her head into his chest and feeling his arms tighten around her.

"Always."

-----

A/N: Happy New Year everyone!!! This year has been amazing and terrible all at once and I'm ready for 2019, to be honest. I never really seem to get excited for new years specifically though, I feel like it's a random in between holiday since my birthday is right after on the second but nonetheless, I hope everyone has a great start to the new year. I have to be honest, when school starts back up again, updates will be at most once a week and even then maybe not religiously. But, with that being said, let's just enjoy the time we have now right? I'm literally supposed to be finishing an English project right now and at this point, I'm not even sure if I'm going to finish it but whatever. Priorities right? As always, I would love to know what you all thought. Honestly, the comments from the last chapter were so funny and they made me laugh and cry and I love being able to see what everyone was thinking as they read, it's truly amazing. I appreciate every single one of them and I look forward to hearing everyone's thoughts xx :)