Chapter 1

"5, 6, 7, 8," I called to my stunt team.

We bounced twice and I was put up into torch then extension. I grabbed my leg and pulled it up into a needle feeling satisfied. I continued doing my different positions in extension, doing different facials like a mad woman. 

"Hey, incoming!" someone yelled from the football team, which were practicing in front of us.

Before I could react a football came flying out of nowhere and hit me in the face. I fought to stay up but lost my balance. I fell backwards falling on an angle away from bases and back spot, falling to the ground with a hard thud. I landed flat on my back, and instantly the wind was knocked out of me.

My stunt team stood much taller than my five foot frame, so the fall was much higher than what it is for others. I laid on the ground gasping for breath while holding my nose. A few seconds later I was surrounded by my three best friends, my brother and his four friends, my stunt team, my coach and the football coach. I was coughing and spluttering unable to regain my breath. My brother seemed to understand and ran off and came back in a matter of seconds with my inhaler. I took it and was soon able to breath normally.

I looked down to see blood on the grass in front of me. Crap. My nose is bleeding.

"Coach can I take her to see the nurse?" My twin brother, Caden, asked his football coach.

"Of course son, be quick." The coach replied.

My brother bent down and scooped me up into his arms.

"Caden! I can walk by myself!" I exclaimed.

He ignored my protests and continued to carry me to the nurses office. I looked back to see his friends snickering at me.

"You really love to embarras me, huh." I scolded him.

I elbowed him hard in the stomach causing him to drop me on my already sore back. I got up and walk away from him towards the school as he was hunched over clutching his ribs in pain. I heard heavy footsteps and looked back to see my brothers idiotic best friend, Owen, chasing me. I quickly started to sprint away but I was light headed and the smell of blood made me woozy. I looked down to see that I had blood all over my bare belly and sports bra. Blood always made me faint. I was falling over and someone caught me. As they scooped me up the world faded away and I fainted.

-----------------------------------------

I slowly came back into consciousness. I looked around to see that we were just walking into the nurses office. The plump old lady that worked there rushed over to help me.

"I'm fine! Just a bloody nose." I said to her.

She nodded and proceeded to examine me.

"Ok you're fine, but your going to have some pretty bad bruises on you back, tailbone and face sweetheart." She told me.

I nodded and thanked her before leaving. I walked out of the office with Owen following me. I walked down the hall to where all of the Junior lockers were. I opened mine and grabbed a few baby wipes to wipe of the blood covering my stomach. I threw those out and grabbed another sports bra.

"Turn around." I told him.

"No." He replied arrogantly with a lazy smile.

"I need to change my sports bra." I told him frustrated.

"I know." He said smirking.

I hate it when he smirks and he knows it. I groan.

"Fine." I replied.

I slipped the smaller sports bra over my other one and slipped the original one off. I was wearing the pink one, that is now covered in blood, because this one is really revealing. I threw my old sports bra into my locker and turned around. Owen was staring at my chest.

"My eyes are up here bub." I told him.

"I know." He replied without changing the direction of his gaze.

Frustrated, I turned around and walked back outside to finish the last 30 minutes of my cheerleading practice. I reached the field and heard wolf whistles which were quickly silenced by my brother and Logan.

I went over to my stunt team to be met by a bunch of apologies. I told them it was fine. We practiced that sequence a few more times before I spoke to the whole group.

"Ok girls, we're going to practice the pyramid. The order is going to go back spots at the bottom, then our bases, followed by our front spots and ending with our flyers on top. I will be at the very top with my assistant captains below me. Got it?" I asked them sweetly. They all replied with yesses and we began. Basically, people just get passed up to the top.

After a few tries we finally got it. Ending with me about 30 feet off the ground. I quickly did my little dance at the top. We were still working on getting down so I'll probably be up here for a while. I looked over and saw that Owen, Logan, Ben and Blake are looking up at me talking. My brother was on the other side of the field talking to the coach. Owen then decided to bomb a football right at me. Logan, Ben and Blake immediately started yelling at him. I started panicking, if I fell from this height I would be very badly hurt. The ball was almost here and it was now or never. I closed my eyes and stuck my hands catching the ball but... falling backwards? Yes, I'm falling backwards. I started to scream and thrash around. I was approaching the ground and basically, accepted my death.

Although, instead of hitting the ground I fell into someone's arms. I looked up to see a complete stranger. He quickly put me down and ran off. I was standing there looking confused when Caden, Blake, Logan and Ben. Came running around the pyramid with horror-stricken faces. Their facial expressions soon changed to relief instead and they crushed me into a huge hug, squishing me.

"Holy crap Brooks, I thought u were dead. What happened?" My brother said, close to tears.

"I don't know, some guys caught me and ran off before I could get a word in." I replied.

"Are you sure you didn't hit your head? I don't see anyone around here... Hey!  Why are you wearing such a revealing sports bra!" Logan demanded. He was always very protective over me, he may be one of my brothers best friends but the three of us have been close since we were in diapers, he's my best guy friend.

"My other one was all bloody." I sighed letting out an uneasy laugh. "But why are you guys all standing here picking on me when Owen tried to kill me for the second time today."

Instantly Logan and Caden's heads snapped to look at each other and their expressions turned murderous. Soon they were stalking off to deal with Owen. I huff walking off to the change rooms as the coaches end the practices, this is just an average day in the life of Brooklyn Stevens.

________________

Do we think this is something we'll enjoy? Help!