3: Breath takingly beautiful

3:Breath takingly beautiful

"Crisis! Crisis! Sheena just got admitted to the hospital, some drug overdose problem! Now what shall we do! How do we arrange for a model at T minus zero! Oh goodness!" Sim ran around the office, like a maniac, screaming the latest news, making the office go hither tether

The photographer was present already and if the shoot didn't happen today, the employees knew ASR would murder them without giving any compensation or explanation to their families!

"Isn't any other professional model available?"Aman asked, adjusting his spectacles, equally frightened by the situation.

"You think I didn't try? None, all are booked for tonight's ramp show. The cheap ones are not ready to shoot for an Indian traditional collection. They say that is not good for their image, huh! I am not going to beg those idiots and boost their ego, they aren't Sushmita Sen or something!" Pam replied.

"So, what shall we do now? I was right, this is crisis!" Sim cried.

"Don't worry we will find some or the other way out of this situation..."Aman consoled her.

Meanwhile, Lavanya who had just come out of a meeting and realized this situation, had many light bulbs of ideas shining around her little head.

************************

"Khushi!" Lavanya cooed as she entered the canteen and saw Khushi serving one of the office employee a delicious wholesome lunch.

"Jee Lavanya jee? Aapka khana nikalu?( Should I serve your food?)" Khushi smiled. She had started loving her job, given the appreciation she received for the nice food she cooked.

"No, Khushi. Not now!" Lavanya said as she put her arm around her.
"Baby, you love those Sarees and Lehenga type of dresses, right? How about I get you to see some?"

"Really Lavanya ji? I would love to see Lehenga! They beautiful! Please please!" Khushi innocently spoke like a child.

How more sweet could the 20 year old sound? She had always loved bridal wear. Brides and marriages had always been her fantasy, until life played an extremely ugly game with her.

"So come with me! I will show you a room full of that type of stuff, come!"

"There is a room of Sarees here?" Khushi asked as Lavanya ran up the stairs with her.

"Yes!" She nodded positively. "There is a room full of Sarees, Salwar kameez, Anarkali, Lehengas and everything else that you like! I am sure you will love it ...and you know what, we will play dress up with them, okay?" Lavanya said as she opened the door to the room where the latest collection of dresses were kept.

Khushi roamed around the room like a happy child. Oh, how much she loved these bright clothes! Those intricately designed dupattas! Those bridal lehengas! She had never got the marriage she dreamt of, like the ones shown in movies or the pictures in the magazines.

Khushi gasped and stepped back as bitter memories of her past started coming in front of her eyes.

One by one all those unfortunate helpless days came in front of her eyes. The day she was promised to him, the day when they got married, the days when he and his family completely destroyed each and every inch of her heart and body ... the day when the water had gone way above her ahead, when life had become totally unbearable.

Her steps retreated and she was about to run away when Lavanya held her.

"Stop! Khushi! You can't just do this every time! You love these type of dresses, don't you ? In fact, everybody does! So why run away from these?
See, not everyone gets the golden chance to try out AR's bridal collection first hand, even before it is released to the market. Please! Please don't let your past destroy your happiness."

Lavanya pleaded her, dragging her towards the dressing room. Khushi closed her eyes and obliged quitely. She could never deny Lavanya, she owed her life to her.

"Okay! Now wear any of these ...ummh! Yah, this maroon one! It shall give a great contrast against your golden skin. You wear this, Khushi. I will come in a jiffy." Lavanya said as she handed her a maroon Lehenga with a heavily embroidered dupatta.

Khushi ran her hand on the embroidery of the dupatta and felt her smile coming back.

Maybe someday I will completely forget my painful past.

*******

"This girl, Will!" Lavanya smiled to the photographer showing him Khushi's photo.

"Ummh, she looks great. You know with that classic Indian skin tone, which is so much in fashion these days. I think a bit of makeup is all that is needed, you don't need any other model." The photographer smiled back to Lavanya.

"You are really a sweetheart! La owes you a treat big time!" Lavanya happily exclaimed."Now to convince ASR..."

"La, you needn't worry about ASR. I will handle him, okay? You just get this girl ready." The photographer said. "This is going to be the best photo shoot the fashion industry ever saw."

**************

Her hair was curled and put up along with many roses into a neat bun. Her face was cleansed and then all the extra facial hair were removed from upper lip and eyebrows. Her nose was cleansed to remove blockheads and simultaneously her hands and legs were waxed.

Lavanya was shocked to see that Khushi didn't scream even a bit. She expected Khushi to be a first timer for waxing and all, but looks like Khushi was used to this.

Meanwhile Khushi stared without any feelings towards the mirror. What to say, she had faced way worse pains than this petty waxing.

A loud shriek echoed around the room as hot boiling milk was poured on the poor girl's hand.

"This shall make you fairer, my dear," the much feared voice said in a malicious tone.

Khushi's hands and feet were neatly manicured. She was dressed into the maroon Lehenga and choli, the dupatta embraced her petite body.

Her lips were coloured deep red and her eyes bright in gold and black.
Her hair was adorned with star like hair jewellery. Her small nose was pinned by a gold loop and her ears by long earrings. Finally a huge necklace was put around her neck and an additional dupatta was put on her head, making her look like a real bride.

"OMG! You are looking like a princess, Khushi. We need to take a selfie!"

Lavanya exclaimed as Khushi was completely ready all decked up for the photoshoot.

************