>Six<

Remus
So being the announcer is more difficult than I had previously thought. I had to know everyone and had to explain what had happened very quickly.

"The seekers go up into the air, hopefully spotting a snitch. Black scores, tying up the scores."

It was very quick, as I've mentioned before. It went from hufflepuff to gryffindoor to hufflepuff. The back and forth was exhausting.

The score was tied 80 to 80. James needed to get the snitch in order for us to win. Pads scored two more goals, bringing the score up to 100 for my house.

Prongs suddenly went into a dive. I gasped and started to describe what was happening. The hufflepuff seeker tried to follow, but it was too late.

"And he's done it! Potter has caught the snitch!" Half of the audience cheered with delight. Sirius tackled James and hugged him full heartedly.

I was cheering with peter when I looked back onto the field. Sirius was smiling at me. Or at some girl behind me. The second was more probable.

***

There was a party in the common room, so I was upstairs in my dormitory finishing the essay that was recently assigned.

I had finished half of it when a black dog padded up to me and jumped in my laugh. I smiled and pet the scruffy animal. Sirius did this sometimes. That is, he would join me while I was writing and just lay in my lap.

He was probably comforting me since tonight is the last night before my furry little problem gets out of hand. I sighed and stroked Padfoot's fur.

"I don't know what I'm going to do, Pads. I hate this. I hate being the monster that I am," I whispered to myself.

Pads whined in response, gently hitting my leg with his paw. This meant something along the lines of 'you're not a monster. Don't say that.'

"I'm sick of the pity, Padfoot." I snapped slightly. I hated how everyone always apologized to me. How something I couldn't control became how people defined me.

I gently nudged his snout off of my leg and stood up, moving my books around and grabbing more ink for my quill. I felt so frustrated about everything. I hated myself to a deeper extent than ever thought possible. And then Sirius keeps getting out of hand with his pranks which causes Snape to do dangerous hexes on him. And not to mention how ill probably hurt somebody again-

My thoughts were interrupted my a human hand on my shoulder. Sirius stood behind me, watching me carefully.

"Remus, I'm sorry for everything. Please don't be upset."

"Why would I be upset with you? If anything, I'm upset with myself. Have you seen me?" I touched a relatively new scar on my face. "I mean even as a human I'm appalling."

Sirius sighed "Remus-"

"I'm tired." I wanted to end it. I didn't want him pestering me or bullying me. I didn't want the teasing or the arguing. I wanted to sleep.

He knew it was his que to leave, but he stayed, staring at me with worried eyes. It made me wonder what he was gonna tell me when he was hexed. I shook my head gently and closed my eyes, greeting my nightmares with all the bravery that I could.

****
Sirius
I sat in my bed, which was on the bottom bunk and the one next to Remus's. James was ranting about something above me but I didn't really care to listen. Remus twitched, and he would furrow his eyebrows and make a face that made me want to jump into his nightmares and save him.

I hated that I cared for him so much. I know it wasn't normal. In fact, I hadn't met anyone like me. Everyone else was into the opposite gender, but me-

"Pads," James whispered. "Stop watching him. He's gonna be fine. You need sleep."

I sighed. "What if he's not okay? You know he won't wake us up."

James smirked and giggled. "Or you can just tell him you love him and get in the same bed as him...."

"Like you want to do with lily?" I shot back, slyly smirking at him.

"I'll hex you again!"

"Not if I hex you first!"

Remus stirred, waking up but not fully. He seemed scared, and he checked under his bed before slumping back down and snoring softly.

"What was that about?" James asked.

"I think when he was bit, the wolf was under his bed. I think he was five years old."

A solemn silence rolled over our room. Remus was so close to me yet so far at the same time. I couldn't tell him that I liked him. No. It would ruin everything. He would know I was some sort of freak and hate me on the spot. Just like my mother.

I shook my head. How dare I compare Remus to my mother? He was nothing like her! He was ind and gentle and perfect. I stared at the boy I couldn't acquire while I fought to keep my eyes open.

How dumb was I? Thinking me going after every person I could would get him to like me? He's not like that. He's...out of my league. I fell asleep, brows furrowed, trying to think of how I could every get moony to look at me like all those girls did.