20

"thanks". i replied to regina.

she then reached for my timetable that i was holding in my hand and looked it. probably seeing if we had any of the same classes.

"shit". the blonde cursed.

"what's wrong?" i asked her confusingly.

regina sighed heavily before handing me back my timetable.

"we're not in any of the same classes!" she said with a frown on her pretty face.

"oh". i said speechless, not knowing exactly how to react.

"that just means you, me and the plastics will be separated all day apart from lunch". regina explained making me wonder what that name was about.

the plastics.

what kind of name was that? what did it even mean?

"but i'll catch you at lunch. bye bye". regina suddenly said before blowing me a kiss and heading off to her class im presuming.

wasn't she meant to take me to my class?

now i was going to be super late. hopefully the teacher is nice enough to understand.

after about 30 minutes of trying to find my class, i decided to seek help from the janitor who thankfully knew where my math class was.

the janitor left me standing outside the classroom where all could be heard was the shouting and screaming of uncontrollable students inside. immediately i got extremely nervous because as soon as i walk into the classroom, there would be no turning back.

i even suddenly remembered that jason would be in this lesson, and all my other lessons in fact, so i couldn't fuck this up.

after i took a deep final breath, i put my hand on the door handle and pushed the classroom door open.

as soon as i walked in the whole class silenced and had their eyes on me. do they not know that it is rude to stare?

"oh! you must be the new student!" a high-pitched, cheerful voice called from the front of the class.

i snapped my head in the direction of the class and saw a beautiful, thin woman in her late 20s.

must be the teacher. damn, is everyone in this school attractive??

i nodded in reply before taking the chance to scan the students sitting on each individual desk in front of me. and then that's when it happened.

i caught eye contact with the guy from earlier: my target. jason.

he sat at the back corner of the classroom, his back against the chair and he had an evident attitude that showed that he didn't want to be here.

his honey brown eyes stared into mine. they were so beautiful.

wait. remember what michael said!

jason likes girls that are hard to get!

i suddenly snapped out of the eye contact by rolling my eyes, that made me seem uninterested.

"miss airian-" the teacher began to mispronounce my name but i stopped her.

"it's ariana". i snapped bluntly.

"my apologies, ariana. i'm miss grundy and i'll be your math teacher this year. please take a seat". miss grundy told me, almost seeming a bit upset that i snapped at her.

"cool". was all i responded with and looked back at the class.

all the guys and girls were staring at me with curiosity in their eyes, maybe even some admiration in others.

there were only two spare seats: one next to a girl with shiny black hair, and the other next to jason.

i looked both of them, first the girl and then jason, who stared again into my eyes but i looked away.

because i needed to seem uninterested, i sat next to the girl which i knew made jason feel a type of way.