ACT 12

ACT 12

Zipping the forest green leather jacket and hiding the white tank top underneath it, Akali nodded towards her reflection on the mirror before turning away from the glass and heading for the door of her bedroom. The fitted dark blue jeans and the pair of black combat boots completed her outfit for her outing for today.

Lady Luck seemed to be somewhat favoring her. One of her cousins, Irelia, was actually in the city, which was honestly surprising. From what Akali had known, that cousin of hers was back home in Japan, so she was genuinely taken aback when she learned that the older female was in town and was visiting someone.

Akali exited her sleeping quarters and made her way downstairs, tying her hair into its usual ponytail while she climbed down the staircase. She and Irelia agreed to meet Kai at the food court of Valoran Mall for them to have their own lunch date while they talk about the issue Akali had yet to specifically mention to them.

Speaking of lunch dates, Akali's steps halted when her eyes made contact with a pair of honey gold orbs, which brightened up in a second. Ahri, who was actually talking with Evelynn, waved her over, leaving her somewhat without a choice but to approach them. As she neared their place near the front door, she took notice of Evelynn's current attire.

The diva was wearing a light purple, long-sleeve henley shirt, which was tucked in the blackish pair of denim jeans and of course the wearer of it all partnered it with a pair of ankle-high boots. To keep her observation short and straight to the point, Evelynn looked absolutely gorgeous in such a casual yet still stylish attire.

"Hey, what's up?" Akali quipped once she reached the two, keeping her eyes from wandering to the magenta-haired female at her left.

"Eve here will be having her date with Elise at the newly opened restaurant in Valoran Mall," Ahri said, briefly gesturing at the older vocalist. "and since you told me you're going to see your cousins at the same place, maybe you'd like to catch a ride with her."

Something about Ahri's words bothered Akali and it was fairly easy to pinpoint what. It was the part where the blonde literally said that Evelynn was going out on a date with someone and that someone was not Akali.

"Yeah, sure. If she doesn't mind, that is..." Akali turned her head to Evelynn, who was wrapping a black scarf with purplish hints around her neck to not only serve as a source of warmth, but to also cover the hickey the rapper had given her.

"When did I ever mind?" Evelynn responded back, hands feeling over her pockets to make sure she had her phone and didn't end up leaving it upstairs.

"Yeah, what she said." Ahri said, chuckling a bit uneasily. The FOXY model wasn't really ready to witness any lovey-dovey moments between the two of them. Not yet, at least.

"Let's go, Rogue." Evelynn beckoned her once to follow with a finger as she spun around to head towards the door, picking up her black shoulder bag from the sofa on the way.

Akali nodded and gave a little goodbye to Ahri before following after Evelynn, the front door being opened for her by the diva before she could do the gesture for the said woman. She probably should have made an effort to beat Evelynn at the door.

The moment she stepped out of the penthouse and into the elevator with Evelynn, Akali found herself fidgeting with her fingers behind her back while her eyes wandered around the floor of the lift.

Was Evelynn serious about Akali only talking to her if she was finally sure about them or was there some extent that she could still talk to the diva and...-

"Why so quiet, Rogue?"

Akali nearly jumped at Evelynn's out of the blue question. She snapped her gaze to her right, meeting Evelynn's eyes, which looked at her with warmth that made her cheeks slightly color with that familiar red shade she's always donning for the past couple of days.