✐ seventeen (fb)

Start from the beginning

"All done."

"Thanks", he sighed of relief.

She smiled and put the spray can on the table. "So wanna tell me what happened?"

"I'd rather not."

"Hey dude you came to my house. The least you can tell me is what happened."

He turned his attention back to his phone.

"Fine", she muttered.

She started to stand up so she could head back to her room.

"My mom's boyfriend hits her."

Zaheeda's eyes grew wide in surprise.

"And I jumped in, but clearly", he pointed to his eye, "He left more damage on my body than I did his."

She sat back down, though he stopped talking. She didn't know what to say and afraid that she'd come off insensitive.

"I'm sorry..."

He shrugged.

The conversation went dead for a few moments as they both stared off into different directions.

He shut off his phone and shoved it in his pocket with a sigh. "So you're dating the new kid? That boricua boy huh?"

She nodded slowly.

"You don't seem happy."

"I am", her voice came off very defensive so he backed off with a slight chuckle.

"Guess I hit a nerve."

"Sorry. I don't know...I guess he's not what girls cracked up to be."

Jungkook nodded, but then shook his head, "What does that mean?"

"Usually girls want a Prince Charming, but I got the opposite."

"You're 14. Obviously you're still young."

"Thanks Dad."

Jungkook snorted and shrugged. "I'm being serious Zaheeda. Manuel's gay as hell anyway."

"Stop!", Zaheeda gasped and hit him with a pillow.

"I'm being for real", Jungkook laughed, "He tried flirting with me once for my homework."

"That doesn't make him gay!"

"I guess."

Their laughter started to diminish and he could feel the room become silent.

"Z, you know I like you right?"

She took a deep breath and nodded. "I know. I always knew."

He nodded as well and finally made eye contact. "I think it's better if you break up with Manuel and date me instead."

She snorted, "Geez Jungkook." She looked up to see he was dead serious, "Are you joking?.."

"I'm not. You don't know how much I really like you. I tried to talk to you last summer, but you didn't text me back. We had a connection when we-don't tell me you don't feel the same."

"I don't know. I don't even know why you're talking like this. We're only 14 and you're acting like I'm the love of your life."

"When a guy knows, it doesn't matter what age. Look", he stood up, "I'm not gonna fight for you cause this is the real world and if you like him, you like him. I can't do anything about it. But he's a lowlife."

She snorted, "And you're anything better?"

He shrugged, "I might not be, but...I know what I want and I want you."

"I'm not an object."

"You're not an object, but I'd still buy you at an antique store."

"You're so corny!", she hollered, clenching onto her stomach as she laughed. "What's wrong with you?"

"Zaheeda I'm serious. I'm in it for the long run and you clearly want a real boyfriend too."

"But you just said, we're too young."

"No I said you're too young to know what love is. I didn't say I loved you, I said I like you."

"Okay.."

"So what's it gonna be?"

She shrugged her shoulders, "I'll break up with him tonight."

"Nah. Right now."

do you want any other flashbacks before the story continues? write a flashback you want to see.