Chapter 2

Jeez another year in this shithole of a school. Another year of listening to teachers who think we're all retarded apes who know nothing of the world. Another year of Mrs. Fleming giving me weekly detention for things I didn't fucking do. Great.

I parked my motorcycle behind the dumpsters of the cafeteria and lit myself a cigarette waiting for the late bell to ring. The bell sounded off just as I flicked the cigarette on the ground and extinguished the last embers with my boot. I sauntered to the entrance thinking of a reason why I was late for the first day of senior year but nothing good came to mind. Katherine was sitting at her desk reading one of her cheesy romance novels as I pushed the door open with my shoulder. She looked up and smiled when she saw me.

"Well look who is late again. I see your starting your new year as you ended the last one," she laughed and a small smile crept on my face.

"Ah you know me so well Kathy. By the way you look radiant as always," I remarked and I saw her cheeks redden a little.

"Oh you...", she mumbled all flustered handing me my pink tardy slip. I winked at her as I left the little front office and walked towards Mr. Robinson's lab. The corridors were completely empty and when I finally reached the classroom I didn't bother knocking.

"What's your excuse this time Skylar?" Mr. Robinson asked as I handed him the slip of paper.

"How about I tell you that traffic was bad and I got held up?" I replied not wanting to have this conversation.

"Just go and sit down," he frowned and massaged his temple. I walked to my seat and noticed a new face amongst the people I had shared a school with pretty much since kindergarten. It was a girl with blonde hair and deep blue eyes. I gave her a small smirk as my eyes travelled lower to her V-neck that exposed more skin than I was used to at this school and the skirt that had ridden up to her thighs. She furrowed her brows when I met her eyes again and she looked quite cute as her nose scrunched up a little.

I sat down in my desk behind her, admiring her ass as Mr. Robinson began talking about cells and how incredible they were. About five minutes into his speech my mind drifted of thinking about all the things I could do once I was out of here. I doodled all over my notebook instead of taking notes since I already knew everything from taking this class last year.

When the bell finally rang I was the first out of my seat and out the door walking to my locker to stuff all my useless textbooks inside. As soon as I have my back turned I feel a hand tracing down my arm. Without even looking I knew who it was.

“I'm not in the mood for this,” I growled and I heard an amused chuckle.

“Oh come on I haven't seen you all summer. I've missed you.” I rolled my eyes before slamming the locker door shut and turning around. There she was. All 5'7 of her, with her shoulder-length brown hair, blue-green eyes and body that most guys dreamed about at night. My ex-girlfriend.

“Alina just leave already. I told you we were done. End of story.” With that I turned around and headed for Mrs. Fleming's class to suffer through an hour of equations and graphs that I would never again need in my life.