Chapter 5: numb

"You kissed ash?!?!" Yelled sally in the middle of the hallway. "Can you quiet it down!!" Said Larry. "Sorry but you really kissed ash she is your ex and your dating y/n. Why would you do that?" Sal said and I swore I could see smoke coming out of his ears. "I didn't kiss ash she kissed me and before I could push her away y/n walked in." Sally looked stunned and said "so wait, you didn't want to kiss ash?" "Hell no why would I do that? I love y/n I was actually going to tell her on our one month anniversary." "Awww that's so cute but also thank god cause I was going to beat your ass. But you need to talk to her because she looks so broken." I sighed and said "I know I'll talk to her at lunch."

Time skipppp

I sat down next to Sally "hey where's y/n?" I said looking around. "I don't know she was in science but didn't say anything at all." Todd spoke up "she was in math but sat all the way at the back with headphones in and looked like she didn't have any emotion at all" that's when I spoke up "wait where's ash, I need to talk to her"

Y/n prov:

I went outside for a smoke I didn't want to talk to anyone or see anyone for that matter and I knew here I would be alone. I took a long puff of my cigarette as I leaned my head against the wall. "Slowly trying to kill yourself I see" I knew who's voice that was and I was not happy. "What the fuck do you want ash." I said as I glared at her. "Oh nothing! Just wanting to see how it went with Travis." I sighed "if you really wanna know he gave me hickeys I didn't want nor asked for!" She laughed "wow calm down there y/n I'll be going now" but before she walked away she whispered in my ear "your the laughing stock of the school now since everyone will now know you as the girl who slept with Travis. Hope you like that, bitch." And walked away. I felt my face get hot and my eye sight blur as I started crying "for fucks sake!" I was so mad at Larry and ash and Travis and myself for not doing anything against Travis but at the same time I felt numb.

Larrys prov:

Ash walked into the cafeteria and I grabbed her arm and walked out of there I needed to talk to her alone about why she kissed me. "Wow calm down there Larry." She said and laughed I on the other hand was pissed. "Why the fuck did you kiss me at the party??" "I thought you might want payback." She said and now I was hella confused. "Why would I need payback??" I said while folding my arms. She gave me a sympathy look and said "oh Larry, y/n slept with Travis." I felt my heart sink but I told myself it wasn't true "she wouldn't sleep with him I know that." "Larry she is wearing a hoodie with her hoodie up and trying to cover her neck..what does that tell you?" She said. I felt angry, I felt betrayed like my heart got ripped out of my body and I started crying. That's when ash pulled me into a hug.

Y/n prov:

The whole day of school I got mocked and cat called and Travis wouldn't leave me alone. He would eye me down, grab my ass and whisper things in my ear like "even in sweats you have a nice ass." I felt disgusted. As I walked into the apartment I just wanted to sleep the rest of the day away until I got stopped by my mom. "Hey sweetie what's wrong?" I lied. "Just a rough day at school." I said with a fake smile. "I'll be leaving on a business trip tonight and I'll be gone for a few weeks are you ok to be on your own for a while?" I reassured her and said "mom I'm 16 I'll be ok you don't need to worry about me." "Good because my flight is in a few hours and I have to go to the airport, I love you." She said as she hugged me. "I love you too Mom." And she walked out the door. Once I hit my room and shut the door I collapsed on the floor and cried and screamed and punched the wall till my knuckles were red. After a while I decided I should get some fresh air that might help. Once I walked outside I saw something I didn't want to ash kissed Larry and I tried to ignore it like it didn't happen but once I saw Larry start walking towards the building I had to go inside. I couldn't face him, I was embarrassed and shamed and pissed off at him. But luck didn't seem to be on my way because while I was waiting for the elevator Larry was standing next to me waiting for one too. We didn't look at each other or talk but I could tell Larry was looking at me.

Larrys prov:

As I was waiting for a elevator I was looking at y/n and I started to think ash was lying. Because when I looked at her. The only things visual were her hands and her face, she looked so drain and dead inside like someone killed her soul. She had huge bags under her eyes and her eyes were blood shot red and her hands were blue as if they were freezing and her knuckles were red. I was going to talk to her but the elevator digned which got me out of my trance and she walked onto the elevator and before it closed she looked up at me and she looked so sad which broke my heart.

Y/n prov:

Once I looked into Larrys eyes all I wanted to do was run up to him and fall into his safe arms. But I couldn't because my mind was telling me no but my heart was telling me yes and they were both fighting with each other. I walked back to my apartment and threw myself on my bed and stared at the ceiling and let my mind wander to all the bad things but some how they always fell back on Larry. I felt my heart break like someone was ripping it apart piece by piece till I was nothing. I was numb.