“Cam, your sharing with me, and Alec you’re with Dylan. Cam, if you get in my bed and try to spoon me at any point I will kick your ass, got that?”

“Babe, that’s not what you said last night...”

The bickering continued but the only thought going through my head was sharing a room with Dylan. I was praying I wouldn’t blush as I walked over to my bag, next to Dylan. But as usual, the luck bastard managed to play it cool and gave me a fist bump before picking up his bag and heading down hall, whereas I left their trying not to look like it was Christmas morning and I was five. Poker face, Alec. Jeez.

I picked up my bags and followed Dylan down the hall. I could swear I saw Sam wink at me from the corner of my eye as I passed him. What the fuck was that about.

In our room were two single beds, one at each side of the room with two chest-of-drawers in between them both. On the right hand side as you enter is the door that leads to the bathroom for our room. Dylan’s bag was on the bed nearest to the bathroom and he was in the middle of unpacking. I went over to the bed next to the window and started to unpack as well.  I wanted to say something, but the silence wasn’t uncomfortable and to be honest, I didn’t know what to say.

Hey Dylan, just thought I’d let you know that I probably won’t be getting that much sleep because I’ll be too busy watching you while you sleep and trying not to drool.

Shut up brain.

After we unpacked we headed back to the kitchen where we ordered pizza – two nights on the trot, I know it’s not healthy, but pizza cannot be refused- and we all sat and talked. After checking the weather forecast we realised that tomorrow would be our warmest day so decided that we would go down to the lake and have a barbeque for dinner.

We all agreed to call it an early night and get up bright and early the next day, so after saying goodnight and after Dylan warning everyone to “lock your bedroom door unless you want an encounter with ‘sleepwalking’ prankster Mitch” we all headed to our rooms. Dylan let me use the bathroom first, and after brushing my teeth and striping down to my boxers I picked up my clothes and headed back into the room.

I let Dylan know that I was done and dumped my clothes and climbed into bed, all the while I could feel Dylan watching me. Once I was lying down, I heard Dylan get up, click the bathroom light on and close the door. I kept facing the wall, waiting to hear the bathroom door open. A few minutes later it did, and Dylan turned off the light before making his way to the bedroom door and turning off the bedroom light.

He shuffled towards his bed in the darkness and got in.

“Goodnight, Alec,” He said softly.

“Goodnight,” I called back. I shifted in my bed, trying to get comfortable.  As I felt myself drifting off to sleep, despite Dylan sharing a room with me, he still felt too far away.

Now, a bonus part from Dylan’s point of view.

I sat on the bed, waiting for Alec to come out of the bathroom. When Sam said we were sharing a room I had to prevent myself from doing a happy dance. I looked over at Alec and saw the blush creeping up his neck and I decided to play it cool for his sake.

Right now, however, I was struggling to play it cool. I know how uncertain things are between Alec and I, and I know that this isn’t easy for him. I was in his position once, and I’m not going to pressure him and try to rush things, but that doesn’t mean I can’t want to.

I slouched down on the bed, my back against the wall. I didn’t look up when I heard the bathroom door open, and I muttered a quiet ‘okay’ when Alec let me know he was done. I went to stand as he walked past my bed and froze.

Alec continued walking towards his bed, wearing only a grey pair of loose fitting boxers that clung to his hips. I watched the muscles in his back move under his golden skin as he pulled back the covers. I noticed how his dark hair curled at the ends, how his arms flexed as he pulled the covers back over him, breaking my gaze. I quickly made my way to bathroom and closed the door behind me. I brushed my teeth, stripped down to my boxers and stood looking at my reflection in the mirror.

Alec was right, I do need a haircut. That thought alone brought a smile to my face, and I shook my head in frustration. What was with this guy? Everything about him just made me smile. The guy could just look at me and happiness would surge through me. That is what scares me.

I splashed some cold water over my face before heading back to the bedroom. Alec was still facing the wall, his shoulders rising and falling with his steady breathing. I quickly turned off the bedroom light and made my way slowly towards the bed in the darkness, trying not to stumble into anything.

I got into bed and turned so I was facing Alec.

“Goodnight, Alec,” I said softly.

“Goodnight,” he replied.

I watched him shift around, trying to get comfortable. I wanted nothing more than to go over there and climb into bed with him, hold him and feel his warmth as sleep claimed us both.