Chapter 3

Sparklepaw ran out of the den, after a moment Silverpaw came out wide eyed. She quickly came over to Sparklepaw. "Did you-" Silverpaw started. "Sparklepaw! We're exploring the borders come on!" Cloudheart called. Sparklepaw left Silverpaw sitting not as wide eyed but still in a little "what just happened?" Phase. As Sparklepaw ran off with Cloudheart she quickly looked at the fresh kill pile where Spottedfur was. As soon as Cloudheart and Sparklepaw were at the Shadowclan border a huge badger ran a fox length in front of them. "Get out of the way!" Cloudheart yelled at Sparklepaw as soon as he saw the badger. It crossed onto Shadowclan and a patrol of Shadowclan Warriors were right there waiting for it. Cloudheart ran then jumped onto the badger's back. "Hey! What are you doing! This is our kill!" A Tom yelled to Cloudheart. The badger shook off Cloudheart and grabbed him in his jaws. "Cloudheart! No!" Sparklepaw screeched "Help him!" The Shadowclan warriors did nothing to help and Sparklepaw heard a loud crack as the badger broke Cloudheart's back. When the Shadowclan heard the crack that's when they attacked. There were three warriors and two apprentices. The warriors attacked while the apprentices stayed back. After the badger ran away with two of the Warriors following it, Sparklepaw ran up to Cloudheart's body limp, and dead. The last warrior walked onto Thunderclan territory and up to Sparklepaw to comfort her. Sparklepaw whizzed around and faced the warrior baring her teeth, "Get off our territory! You were no help to Cloudheart!" She screeched at the she-cat. Sparklepaw went back to grieving for Cloudheart. "It was only my first day out and now my mentor is dead! Starclan why?" She whispered with her muzzle in his fur. The she-cat crossed the border once more and whispered in Sparklepaw's ear, "I'm sorry" Sparklepaw threw up her head and wailed. The two warriors came back, the leader of the patrol told the she-cat to bring the apprentice home. The second tom came to so that he could help carry Cloudheart's body. As Sparklepaw was following them she heard the smallest hiss of a cat saying "This is only the beginning!" She thought 'what will happen next?' She shuddered at the thought and walked on.

Sorry for not making the story!!