~Prologue~

I was sprinting through the woods, hoping to catch the elusive doe a few yards ahead of me. It was running in the direction of my home, and I had to be careful, or else mother would be angry at me for shifting. I've never seen her shift before, her or father, but I hope to one day.

I started speeding up, my legs aching with the excursion, and my tongue out, trying to help release the heat from my speeding frame.

I saw the doe jump a fence, and I skidded to a stop.

It was the fence of my house.

I quickly shifted, my fur retracting, and my paws reshaping. I winced as my muzzle became a normal nose.

I threw on the yellow sundress that I had hung in the tree earlier, and slipped on my sandals. I tied my hair up, and put on a white cardigan.

I ran up the pathway to my house, and opened the door.

"Good morning mother!" I said with a cheerful smile on my face.

"Hello dear! How did you sleep?" She asked politely.

"I slept pretty well! What about you?" I asked back as I waltzed into the kitchen, where she was making granola. I smiled as I took in the AMAZING smell.

"I slept okay. You know how your father snores. I swear! He must be related to a darn pig!" She said as she threw her hands up in exaggeration. I laughed.

"Mom. He snores, you make him sleep on the couch. It's a win-win for you and me!" I said laughing.

"Good idea, Lydia. I'll keep that in mind." She said with a grin.

{Pronounced Lid-E-uh}

"Speaking of, where is dad? He normally helps you in the morning." I asked, as I took in the empty space by my mother.

"He's in his office, trying to book some plane tickets. His work called earlier, and needed him to transfer." Mom said.

"Wait. What? Transfer? We have to move?" I asked semi-suprised, but calmly, used to the information.

"Yes, but they said this will be one of the last, if not the last, times they want us to pack up and move." She said with a semi-forced smile.

"Okay. Got it. I'm gonna go, well, pack. So, see ya in like, however long it takes for breakfast to be ready. Love ya!" I said, as I sprinted up the stairs. I opened the door to my room and smiled.

"Goodbye small room! I shall never miss you!" I said with a laugh as I pulled out my suitcase an started packing all my random crap.

Goodbye. Goodbye. Goodbye.

I will see you in the next house.

Then I packed my clothes, and shoes, aka air walks, flip-flops, sandals, and church shoes.

"I really hope I don't need this before we go." I said and laughed.

This could be fun.