Chapter 1

6 years ago ( summer vacation at the beach )

Me, my mom and dad, my big brother, Ed, and my big brother's friend, Harry were having a vacation at the beach. My mom and dad were getting a tan, while my brother and his friend were playing volley with other kids, I choosed to sit beside my parents while burying my feet in the sand while watching the magnificent scene laid open before my eyes.

The sand looks very bright with its goldish colour gleaming like there were thousands of tiny diamonds in it, the noises from the rolling waves were relaxing, the the and the beauty continues on the little sea creatures walking on the sand, crabs, snails, and there were newly-hatched baby turtles walking to the sea. The texture of the sand is so smooth, I feel like burying my feet forever in the sand while enjoying the sun, but, unfortunately, a voice called me,

'' Casey ! Let's play some game. " Shouted Ed from far.

I don't want to dissapoint my brother so I walked to them and they told me they were playing a game which includes blindfold. Because I was the last to came, I have to be the first to wear the blindfold.

I cursed my brother, because he knew that the last person is going to be the one to wear the blindfold so he called me. I glared at his retreating form.

Before starting the game, I was instructed to find one person who will tell me, the task I should do in order to remove the blindfold, if I can finish the task given then the one who gave me the task should wear the blindfold. Seemed easy to me, but, I have to finish the task while wearing the blindfold, the hardest part is to find the person. All participants are allowed to give me directions, either the wrong or the correct direction, with so much directions and laughings from my friends, I'm not sure if I can win this game. Oh, I have to watch out also from bumping to another person, or worst, bumping to a coconut tree.

 The game started after they spun me around. While walking, I could feel everything spinning eventhough it's all dark. Laughters could be heard and I think I heard my brother's insults but I can't really concentrate at everything, so I just walked around and trying to at least hear one direction, hoping it will lead me to the right person.

 " To your left, no, no I mean right ! "

 "No, don't listen to him, keep walking and turn left after 10 steps "

 "No, you have to turn back !, back not turn left you dummy"

 Now, that was Ed for sure, he never missed a chance to tease me. But I just keep walking without listening to all of them, until I bumped to someone.

 " Sorry, are you the person which will tell me my task ? "

 " Haha, well, maybe yes, maybe no ", Said the person, wait, I think this is Harry, well I don't know much about him, but he's cute and I got a little crush on him, there's one time when he's eating nachos and the leftover of the nachos sauce smeared on his lips, that's when I felt my heart beats faster at his cuteness, but right now, I'm a bit annoyed at his teasing tone.

 " Aww, come on, help me out here, you know Ed, if I can't win this game, Ed will use this to blackmail me. ", I said while pleading to him.

 " Okay, okay, I'm the person which will give you your task. You got to walk to the sea and then pick up one sea shell, and then walk back here, and you got to do it in 5 minutes, and no tripping while walking. "

 " All right, let's get this thing over, when do I start ? "

 " Oh, you're time starts the moment I finished talking. ", he said this while bursting out laughing.

 " Meanie ", I shot back while sprinting carefully to the ocean.

 It's easy to go to the sea because there's only one noise and half of the beach is the sea itself so it only took 2 minutes to get there. The embarassing part is, when I bend down, a kid accidentally bumped to me, causing to lose my balance fell face-first to the sand and right when I fell, a big wave rolled me back to the sand making my whole body wet.

 Ouch, I feel that I'm eating sand and salt water, yuck, but I quickly got up after picking the closest thing which feels like a a shell and without minding my ridiculous state, I sprinted back to Harry, I know that I might get the wrong person but hey, sometimes I can rely on my luck right ? And that luck proved to be exist when Harry speak to me,

 " Well done, you finish it in 4 minutes, and you're lucky because you fell when picking the shell or else you'll be lose.", chuckled Harry.

 " Yeah, yeah, can I take this thing off ?"

 " Yup, sure you can. Huh, now I'll be the one to wear this stuff. ", Harry said this while sighing to himself.

 After taking the blindfold off, I decided to go back to my parents and rest, but after resting for a while, I get up and realized that, it was dark now and my parents, my brother and all of his friend were having a bonfire. Feeling hungry, I walked there to ask my parents what is dinner.

 "Mom, what are we eating tonight ?"

 "Grilled salmon with cream, and steamed prawn with brown sauce and dessert will be ice lemonade, did you have a good rest ?", asked my mom while looking at my rumpled expressions.

 '' Yeah, but my skin is itching beacuse of the dried salt water on my skin.", I said that while rubbing my skin, I just went directly to sleep because exhaustion had taken me over.

 " After eating we will be going home you can take a bath at the nearest bathroom though, honey, where's your necklace ?"

 "It's right he-, wait, where is it ?", I touch my neck and indeed the necklace is missing. I paled at the thought that the necklace was missing because I fell down and at the moment I fell down the waves clashed to me and accidentally unclasping my necklace, the necklace had been fragile beacuse It was given from my grandma and it had been there since she was a teenager.

 I quickly got up and ran to the sea to look for my necklace, maybe there's a chance it's still buried in the sand, I looked around, but still, because it's dark already, I can't see a thing, I was so sure that the necklace will not be found when Harry's voice startled me,

 "Looking for this ?", he said the while dangling my necklace in front of me.

 I felt my eyes watering when I see the necklace, I quickly grabbed the necklace and I felt the tears rolling down my cheeks.

 " Hey, why are you crying ?"

 "I-I,, j-juust " I just hugged him suddenly, I felt so relieved my necklace was found.

 " Calm down, okay ?" He said while patting my back awkwardly.

 " Yeah, thanks for finding my necklace, it belongs to my grandma, and it was the last thing she gave to me before she passed away.'', I said that while hiccuping in between.

 "Oh, right, your grandma, well, just be happy that it is found now, 'kay ?", he said that while giving me a charming smile.

 " Yeah, thanks a lot Harry.", while saying this I felt my heart beating faster when he smiles, and I don't know why, but I never want him to stop smiling. From that moment on, I know that I fell in love with him. My saviour. Well I already had a major crush on him, so with all this thing happening and when he smiles and comforts me, all of that just pulled the trigger of my feelings towards him.

Funny really, Harry is not like other boys who will laugh at other's misery, he shocked me by comforting me and maybe that's why I fell inmove with him so quickly because he isa different, dare I say, he is kind of unique.

We got back to the bonfire, we ate dinner and I sat beside him all the time and he told me he found my necklace when he was chasing Ed for stealing his hotdog, he said that he knew that it belongs to me and he said if I didn't notice the necklace is missing he's going to keep for himself, after saying that, he laughed and I punched him on his shoulder and we burst out laughing together, of course I will notice it, well maybe it will take some time for me to notice it but I didn't say that to Harry because I don't want to get embarassed more than this. And before we all went home he sang a song for me.

 The night ends and I smiled before went to sleep and I dreamt of me and him walking in the sunset while holding hands.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

 Harry said that if he could, he will eat nachos for the rest of his life. ^^

 Please, do say something if you think this part is missing something, because writing a fanfic is new to me and I needed advices and suggestions, critics are also welcomed !