Chap 21

~ Side Ryouma ~

It’s the biggest store that gives off a high class ambience so far, but Rheinhart-san and the others went to the reception room as if it were normal.

I was a bit out of place, but… in order not to do anything that would inconvenience the others, I stayed meekly by Sebasu-san’s side.

After waiting for a bit, a man with a good build came. I think he might be the owner of the store.

“Well, well. What a pleasant surprise to have the members of the Duke’s Household come. Welcome.”

Rheinhart-san was the one to greet him,
“Serge, it’s been a while.”
“Indeed. It’s unfortunate that I am unable to get many opportunities to meet with the members of the Duke’s Household like this, but I’m happy to see that you are all doing well.

And as for this young lad here, I believe it’s the first time we’ve met. My name is Serge Morgan. I am the president of the Morgan Firm.”

Uh-oh, he also came to greet me.

“I am Ryouma Takebayashi. Because of some twist of fate I’ve come to be in the care of the Jamil Household. It’s a pleasure to meet you.”

When I finished introducing myself, he gave me a smile.

He seems to be an acquaintance of Rheinhart-san. I wonder if he’s a good person. Then again, Rheinhart-san won’t introduce me to a weird person, right?

“Well, going straight into business…”
“Yes. I’ve heard you were planning to sell something new again.”

As I was caught up in my thoughts, these 2 suddenly went straight to business. Wait. Again? Rheinhart-san, exactly how many products have you already proposed to be sold?

“Before I show you the product. I need you to promise me that not a word of what I am about to show you will leak out. I know that someone like Serge can be trusted, but just in case.”
“But of course, the information of our business partner is very important to us. If Rheinhart-sama wishes for us not to allow the information to be leaked, then we shall deal with it in a way that will not attract eyes. However, I must say that this is quite unusual coming from Rheinhart-sama. To think that Rheinhart-sama would like to suppress something like that.”
“It’s just for now, and I do have my reasons. I believe that what am I about to show you today will bring us profit on a completely different level than everything so far.”

Will it really become something like that? In my previous world, things like raincoats were a given so… other than intuition, I don’t really know what he’s basing this on.

“Sebasu.”

When Rheinhart-san said that. Sebasu-san opened his item box and took out from it the waterproof cloth, the slime’s thread, and the iron ingot I made. Rheinhart-san took those and showed them to Serge-san.

“This cloth has been treated in a particular way.”
“Would it be alright to take it and examine it?”
“Of course.”

As Serge-san said that, he took the cloth and took a good look at it. He examined it curiously as he rubbed the cloth.

“Oh, it feels good to touch.”
“That cloth isn’t only good for that, you know? That cloth can repel water and prevent it from going through.”
“…Is that true?”
“If you want you can use Identify on it or try it out for real by wrapping it on your hands and dipping it in water. After all, it’s just a sample we brought, so I don’t mind.”
“Then I’ll accept your offer…”

Serge-san called a servant and asked her to prepare a bowl with water in it. In the meantime, while the bowl was being prepared, Serge-san used Identify and intently examined the waterproof cloth. After a while his eyes began to sparkle. When the servant came back with the bowl filled with water, he quickly wrapped the waterproof cloth around his hand, dipped it in the water, and after confirming that it is in fact able to repel water, he said this,