Chap 12

Right after Ryouma finished shooting the five targets, Elia made a fuss and was very excited. However, the other four, after seeing Ryouma’s abilities, were speechless.

“Amazing, Ryouma-san! Right!? Father!” – Elia

“Ah, ah…” – Rheinhart-san

“When using a bow I thought you had to be more careful aiming but it can actually be shot so fast, huh?” – Elia

At Elialia’s words, Sebasu and Rheinbach were a little panicked and corrected her misunderstanding.

“Ojousama that’s actually incorrect. What you’ve seen just now was a display of Ryouma-sama’s ability, a normal archer wouldn’t be able to display that kind of speed. Ryouma-sama’s ability with the bow can’t be compared to your run of the mill archer.” – Sebasu-san

“Elia, you can’t use Ryouma as a standard. Because letting the arrows off at that speed, and hitting all the targets dead center is impossible for a normal person. It’s highly probable that even amongst the soldiers of the country, the number of people that can do that are few.” – Rheinbach-sama

“Really? As expected, Ryouma-san is really amazing!” – Elia

“Certainly, he’s amazing, but…” – Rheinbach-san

“We may have been underestimating Ryouma-sama’s true strength” – Sebasu-san

Ryouma doesn’t have any self-awareness but with the practice he has had in his previous world coupled with the time he had spent hunting ever since he came to this world. The strength of his bow hand had actually already reached a distinguished level even amongst the soldiers of this country. But even though things may appear this way, he hasn’t actually received any cheat from the gods outside of his magic abilities. Therefore, this is purely Ryouma’s true strength.

Finishing the examination that involved still targets, the next examination was a pseudo clay pigeon shooting. Ryouma stood at the place he was ordered to stand, and gripped his bow. But since the wall the targets are going to come out of is opposite the location where Elia and the rest are, Elia and the rest, five people in all, stood behind Ryouma and they, along with the examiner could not see the face of Ryouma.

If for example someone were to see Ryouma’s face right now, how would they feel? At this moment, Ryouma has increased his concentration to the limit, being without a hint of impatience or tension, yet also without a hint of excitement or enthusiasm. There is tranquility but all the traces of any emotions have completely disappeared from Ryouma. That was not an expression that an 11 year old boy could possibly make.

Looking at Ryouma right now he may appear to be young, but he is in fact a man who has been training ever since his childhood in his previous life, bringing the time he has trained for to be nearly 40 years. Because of that he had acquired the power to concentrate and to stay calm. There were also plenty of times where he wasted time in his day to day life but he valued doing nothing except repetitively doing simple things.

On that point alone did even his colleagues and bosses who scorned him every day acknowledge him. And that’s precisely why they used Ryouma like a convenient machine to do their work. But even then, Ryouma wasn’t able to fully utilize the strength of his concentration.

The place where Ryouma was able to show his power the most was the martial arts he had gotten familiar with ever since his childhood. Ryoma traced the same kata every day, allowing the technique to permeate his body, and then, he moved his body naturally as if he was breathing. With the body already able to move at will, and having no obstructions in his heart to bind him, he becomes able to bring out his technique completely, to the limits. That is the true power of Ryouma, the talent of Ryouma.